Thread: On Utorrent - slow to download a file

Hi Guys

I am on Utorrent and am downloading a 1 gig file. I have 83% of it, but it is taking forever to get the rest - like weeks.

There is one seed online occassionally and from 2 to 4 peers. I am worried that I may never get the file, or that it might become corrupt as I am getting such little pieces at a time.

Is there anyway I can contact the seed and ask to him to speed it up ! (he must be on dialup !) or any other suggestions ?

I thought torrents were supposed to be fast !

Kind Regards
    Digmen
    What color is your Adkaf ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    More the seeders and better the seed to leech ratio, the faster your download will be. Since you have just 1 seed, you'll have to wait for the person to get online each time before your file starts downloading (unless the leechers have downloaded more than you, then you can download off them). I dunno if there's a way to contact the user, but you could search for the same file in different torrent sites, and if you find the SAME file in a diff. torrent site download the torrent and load the tracker from there. It will continue downloading from 83%. Make sure that the torrent has more seeders though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1

I though torrents were supposed to be fast !
    Sure, they can be fast. But only when there are people seeding. Looks like you're just going to have to wait for that other 17% to finish. If it's a file that you really want and you can't find it on any other trackers with more seeds, than it will be worth the wait.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Is file from torrentz.com or demonoid?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks for the replies guys,

Looks like I'll just have to wait.

Its a pretty rare "technical" file on puretna ! so it will be worth the wait.

My connection was on all last night and I got 1 more per cent !
    What color is your Adkaf ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    You can also want re-seed request from snatch list(completed peers)(basicly sending a pm for re-seed)...
    I dont know puretna have a button for re-seed, forum or a snatch list but at least you can want from the file uploader with a nice pm, if it's so rare and "technical" i guess uploader will keep it for own archive
    Hope to finish it soon ...

I know i wait over 1 month to download Eminem feat Dido - stan Dvd video clip
    When i was only using(know) public trackers long time ago nearly 3 years...
    And when i watch it i always have another taste and watching it over and over again