Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Msn Messenger

Its not running in my system tray. its not checked in msconfig. i have checked in the MSN options to NOT load at start up OR to run in the back ground. so there is NO evidence that it is actually running.

But this damn possessed programs shows me on line and i get pop up messages from people from MSN messenger while im playing games.

And its NOT supposed to be running. i dont think i can uninstall it because its part of other programs like Outlook. what can i do about this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    it's not showing in task manager either then?
    msmgs.exe or msnmgr.exe?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    msmgs.exe

I had that problem, i got rid of and dont know how.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    i had four in task manager at one point cus mine wudnt load up so i ended process on all of them then it loaded up fine from start menu

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@22 September 2003 - 08:20
    msmgs.exe

I had that problem, i got rid of and dont know how.
    msmgs.exe is all versions up to 6.0 i believe
    6.0 is msnmgr.exe

usually after i run outlook express, msn 4.7 starts up...
    this causes a conflict and i get signed out of msn6.0, but apparently it&#39;s an easy fix
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    msmgs.exe runs in the background of xp automatically very fu*king anoying

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    PAiNKiLLER
    Why dont u just select end task for msnmsg.exe or sth from the tsk manager

Image Resized

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Russo@22 September 2003 - 04:16
    Its not running in my system tray. its not checked in msconfig. i have checked in the MSN options to NOT load at start up OR to run in the back ground. so there is NO evidence that it is actually running.

But this damn possessed programs shows me on line and i get pop up messages from people from MSN messenger while im playing games.

And its NOT supposed to be running. i dont think i can uninstall it because its part of other programs like Outlook. what can i do about this?
    download tweak manager and disable it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    running xp?
    if so go to : WINDOWS&#092;INF&#092;SYSOC.INF.
    open it, find the line that stars with "msmsgs=" edit the word "hide" out leave the commas then save the file. now you can go to Add/Remove components click on windows components, scroll down and you should see msn/WINDOWS messenger and be able to remove it.

This worked for me. I no longer have msn messenger running in my task manager, at least.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Its blinking blonking annoying I know I had that... did get red of it easily.. tiny little prog.. Kill or shoot the messenger.. something like that it was called...But I would appreciate to know other stuff in xp that can be turned off.. I already killed all the fancy graphics and use classic interface to save memory.
    Trug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast