Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bcg

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Thats probably because the forums and the tracker are 2 different entities, they are just bridged to each other so the users can be signed into both, but that still took a bloody lot of coding to get right. Hence why the skins dont match, because well they cant, unless we make them match, which again, will be a hell of a lot of work.

Lets put it this way, a default TBdev forum, is 1 php page called forum.php and thats all it is, IPB is like this forum, Vbulleting, about 400php pages and 20 odd folders and was not designed with TBdev in mind at all.

and btw the Skin Dropdown, is that way on every IPB/VB forum i have ever used, so get onto the makers of the forum software, not us lol

and if you are asking if you can PM me, of course you can.

Edit: On my wifes laptop and most of the keys are sticking, hence why a lot of the words are missing letters lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Well I have now lost the use of this tracker for the second time in less than two years.

First was as a result of an extended period not logging in and not generating keyword. Thus my account was pruned. My fault, no whinging or whining about this one.

So after this I went out a mission to join back to this tracker, as everyone knows it is a great tracker.

After a lot of looking around I found success by getting an invite from torrent invite .com, no trading involved just someone offering, me proving my worth by ratio proofs and then just like that I was back on BCG.

So I have had 5 months of enjoyable time at this tracker and then I go to log in today and bang its a no go. So I join IRC and speak to Cirno and basically its a flat out no, bad luck "you got your referral from torrent invite .com and that pretty much a trading site so bad luck".

By no means was I an outstanding member with 100's of GB of uploads but any torrent that I downloaded I always seeded back as long as possible and I have never and will never trade BCG accounts or invites.

I just think that the policy around the banning of members for allegedly trading invites is going a bit far. Its all good to prune accounts of inactive members and H'n'Runners but there has to be a point where sanity prevails with these sorts of things.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by kooki View Post
    Well I have now lost the use of this tracker for the second time in less than two years.

First was as a result of an extended period not logging in and not generating keyword. Thus my account was pruned. My fault, no whinging or whining about this one.

So after this I went out a mission to join back to this tracker, as everyone knows it is a great tracker.

After a lot of looking around I found success by getting an invite from torrent invite .com, no trading involved just someone offering, me proving my worth by ratio proofs and then just like that I was back on BCG.

So I have had 5 months of enjoyable time at this tracker and then I go to log in today and bang its a no go. So I join IRC and speak to Cirno and basically its a flat out no, bad luck "you got your referral from torrent invite .com and that pretty much a trading site so bad luck".

By no means was I an outstanding member with 100's of GB of uploads but any torrent that I downloaded I always seeded back as long as possible and I have never and will never trade BCG accounts or invites.

I just think that the policy around the banning of members for allegedly trading invites is going a bit far. Its all good to prune accounts of inactive members and H'n'Runners but there has to be a point where sanity prevails with these sorts of things.
    So why not post under your real username unless you really are a trader.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    sorry but i didn't realise i had to use the same username on every single site that i sign up to and i don't quite see the corralation between being a trader and signing up under a different username than the one i used on BCG

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by kooki View Post
    sorry but i didn't realise i had to use the same username on every single site that i sign up to and i don't quite see the corralation between being a trader and signing up under a different username than the one i used on BCG
    i actually agree with kooki on this one, this thing of same Unames on a tracker and forum being linked to trading has always dumbfounded me, let's just let this guy reply with his Username, then you may make judjement my lord!
    Spoiler: Show

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    my username on BCG was dandamancook.

I am getting incarcerated for simply going to a public forum seeing someone offering a BCG invite, taking them up on it and then being a good member on the site.

I have nothing to hide in regards to trading of invites or accounts

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    A similar thing happened to me today. I got my invite from another trackers invites offered thread but was banned because the guy who invited me used the *************s site.

It is a sad day when someone who gives you a free invite tuns out to have been a (possible?) trader. I agree with kooki, we did nothing wrong ourselves but suffer the ban hammer.

Oh well, back to BG and UG for a while.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    I have gotten my invite via another tracker by now.
    I have read in a forum topic on BCG that trading or a giveaway on such forums just isn't allowed.
    Why don't you try the way the site allows getting invites?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Markociv1 View Post
    I have gotten my invite via another tracker by now.
    I have read in a forum topic on BCG that trading or a giveaway on such forums just isn't allowed.
    Why don't you try the way the site allows getting invites?
    Because most people aren't like you, they don't bother to read. They just search for the fastest route possible.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Well if i'm not a member on BCG then how can i go and read the forums on there about where you are allowed to get invites from?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast