View Poll Results: If and how profanity should be addressed:

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • All profanity should be edited or deleted

4 6.35%
  • It's okay, as long as it's been edited(i.e. F*!@).

14 22.22%
  • Just take a chill pill, they're only words.

35 55.56%
  • Only those pottymouths, Jonno and lilmiss should be moderated.

6 9.52%
  • Profanity should only be allowed in f*!@%h(edited), as it makes the user sound like a wuss anyways.

4 6.35%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad Language

Forum Star
    It was meant to be a joke, but if it offends you............ It's been edited.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Well as a scouser, I claim my justification card on the basis that swearing's in my genes

But seriously - If needs be, I will comply in masking certain words if it's decreed necessary. But for that to happen, we in reality need to know which words are masked - The selection of words defined as foul language are different for everyone and what might be alright for one might not be for another.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Ok I hereby banish me personal collection of swear words from this board - but me is keepin "tits!" as me one and only.

And if that aint hacceptable - tits to you!!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    See, now most of you totally missed what I was saying

I swear........I&#39;m a builder for farks sake

What I disagree with is the use of the word in full, the word feck, fark, furk are all the same thing but they are done in a Monty Python sorta way.
    And if Feck is suitable for 7pm on tv but f*ck is not then that should say something to you.

It&#39;s the way it comes across in text, the word Feck is light hearted and I use it a lot, but the real way of spelling it is agressive and not neccessary.

I just think that it looks nasty in text.

I am not saying I&#39;m a girly boy that gets all upset by it at all

And what was option 4 before it was edited??

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    I think I tend to use feck or feckin&#39;. I certainly use bar steward. I can&#39;t remember being overly profane, though I did get uppity when Lamsey&#39;s censor smiley was forced on us. I swore a lot then. Sort of ask me nice but don&#39;t censor me thing.

But in the same spirit as fugley&#39;s last no-one is taking my arse from me. I need it too much. (Have to talk out of something don&#39;tcha know).

PS are ice-hole and cork-sucker OK. What about fargin bastage.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I remember your thread about different ways of saying things JPaul

That is exactly what I am saying, for the most part swearing is done in jest so why not type it in the comedy form, when I see a bad word typed corectly I see anger and agression.

THAT is my point

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ex-member
    I&#39;m not too keen on &#39;swearing for the sake of swearing&#39; - when people just swear in the middle of a sentence for no reason, like
    hey check this fucking site out man it is the shit
    - swearing can be used for emphasis to good effect, but people spoil that by using it like punctuation.

So that&#39;s my ing opinion, you ers. If you don&#39;t ing like it, then all I&#39;m gonna say is:

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    tits&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    hey check this fucking site out man it is the shit
    lol I actually say stuff like that when im talking to my friends face to face, but for you guys I prefer to have some decency and to leave cuss words to a minimum...

I myself don&#39;t mind the softer words such as tits and bollocks, but harsher words hurt...

I mean whats the point in swearing, espeically if you don&#39;t know these people and all their gonna do is judge you and think your not a pleasant person to talk to

... so for the benefit of the board, people should just keep the cussing down, then we wouldn&#39;t have to worry about editing as we would type in a cuss free enviroment

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

10. Lounge   -   #30
    I think the poll should include

"Swearing is ok in comedy form"

And I knew you lot would use this thread as a way of swearing
    Bunch of bloody kids you are

Why don&#39;t you all act like adults like I do

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast