View Poll Results: If and how profanity should be addressed:

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • All profanity should be edited or deleted

4 6.35%
  • It's okay, as long as it's been edited(i.e. F*!@).

14 22.22%
  • Just take a chill pill, they're only words.

35 55.56%
  • Only those pottymouths, Jonno and lilmiss should be moderated.

6 9.52%
  • Profanity should only be allowed in f*!@%h(edited), as it makes the user sound like a wuss anyways.

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Language

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Don't know about you guys but I personally ain't to keen on bad language in a post.

This like sh1t are ok and piss

But on several occasions I see F*** and C*** etc, I just don't like reading it, use feck........it's much less agressive

Now before you all start on me, I'm a builder and am very used to the worst language on the planet, also used to be a fisherman so..........ok

But this comes down to the way things are read.

You can type something hearing it in your head the way you would say it and someone reads it in a totally different way.

You get me??

It's all to do with interpritation and how you read something .

EG. Someone (A good friend) said to me in a pm "I'll Bott Ya C**t in"......Ok I thought it was funny, but if someone else had said it or read it would they have found it funny.

Sorry I'm having real difficulty explaining this Only just up

So I just wondered what you all think of bad language in here??

btw, don't flame me or just come back with F*** off to try to be funny cos it ain't, jokes to old and I ma get accused of starting a flame

Jesus, look at all them words..........gonna stop now and lay down

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 September 2003 - 05:31
    I see F*** and C***
    I see him also.

Ok...sorry had to say that.

But I have to agree on this because I use cuss words in threads also from time to time...and am sorry for that.But I think it can be taken care of if the forum is set to not alowe certain words.I thought we had it that way once before.

FC B)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+22 September 2003 - 10:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 22 September 2003 - 10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@22 September 2003 - 05:31
    I see F*** and C***
    I see him also.

Ok...sorry had to say that.

You talking about the Filter?......Nah I don&#39;t think it should be put on I think people should respect the place and just think before they blink.
    Just think how someone else may read and interprate(<<No idea how to spell that) it, it can save a lot of ill feeling.
    For example, I read a post this morning that basically was (as I read it) a go at me, but having thought about it I&#39;m wrong, altho if it had not contained the language I would have seen it in much lighter context.

Do you see where I&#39;m going with this?

(Yeah I know, straight into a big pile of poo)

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Lounge   -   #4
    i agree when writing ur opinion there i sreally no use for foul language and racist comments etc i mean think about it what kind o fperson needs to swear in a forum either an imature kid or a guy with a small umm unit i think that where not allowed to swear on forum ne ways cause my old signature had fu** and bit**s in it and it sayed remved cause bad language or somthing and i also got messeged and e mailed to change it a whole bunch lol so i did

5. Lounge   -   #5
    This is true if you read the rules it states "No excessive use of bad language"
    But something in a sig is easy to see, think about it, the mods can&#39;t view every post across the whole board............not possible so it&#39;s up to us, the posters to restrain ourselves and respect others.

Listen at me, anyone would think I&#39;m Jerry ******* Springer

Take Care of yourselfs..........aaaaand eachother

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    I think we all agree with you JONNO and this has been brought up before about bad Language around here.

But without a filter of some sort you can not stop everybody from useing certain words.And every now and then useing the word "damn" I think is alright.

But I know you just needed to get it off your chest...bring it forward to people to think about.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Double Agent
    y&#39;all need zenness

zen.....

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

would you like to borrow my JCB Jonno?

it digs bigger holes

Honestly though i do agree with you

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Well done Dan....very funny you muppet

@Funky......I ain&#39;t got a problem with sh1t and damn and piss and all that, PG words if you like, but I just hate seeing F*** more than anything, I just don&#39;t see the need.
    I&#39;ll admit I have used it in temper but it was read in the way I meant it to be read, some people just use it in the flow of coversation (as I do at home and work etc) difference being, when you SAY it you can give it a varience(<Another good word) by the tone of your voice, but in text you can&#39;t do that

See, I knew you lot would missunderstand me you F***wits<<<Seee, joke,

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

10. Lounge   -   #10
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    hee hee, sorry Jonno

i&#39;m at work and i&#39;m very bored didnt mean to hijack your serious thread&#33;&#33;

while i&#39;m at it, what goes black, white, black, white, black?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast