Thread: Searching for music

I can never seem to find much music on usenet

I use Newzbin to search for .nzbs but while it's maybe the easiest it may not be the best? Movies I can get great,I listen to not the most commercial music (Drum & Bass, Underground Hip-Hop) and it almost impossible to get good quality (320kbps/FLAC) downloads. However it seems there is a load available on torrents but that's not my style

Any advice much appreciated?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    newsgroupie
    Newzbin.com does not index all the music that gets posted to usenet. Have you tried browsing individual groups in your genre, or using a search engine like Binsearch?

If there's not much posted, then you could always post some tracks yourself.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Try browsing the different groups like zot says. On Newzbin you can also use the raw usenet search and get more results that way. You probably know that but though I should post it anyway.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    . Have you tried browsing individual groups in your genre, or using a search engine like Binsearch?
    Found one for DnB - alt.binaries.music.jungle

but there doesn't seem to be that many results when I try to google for more ;(

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Nzbs.org is a nice site. Give them a try. Best option to find as much as you can is to use multiple indexers/forums.

http://nzbs.org/index.php

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtles View Post
    I can never seem to find much music on usenet

I use Newzbin to search for .nzbs but while it's maybe the easiest it may not be the best? Movies I can get great,I listen to not the most commercial music (Drum & Bass, Underground Hip-Hop) and it almost impossible to get good quality (320kbps/FLAC) downloads. However it seems there is a load available on torrents but that's not my style

Any advice much appreciated?
    I think the mistake that people make when finding stuff on usenet is trying to use NZB sites for everything. I never use them and I don't need to. You should use Newsleecher Super Search or a search engine like binsearch or Newzleech or Bintube. Just type the name or part of the name of the song and you should find just about any song unless it's some obscure music really hard to find.

Pretty much whenever I search for a song on usenet it comes up with a few results for that song and mp3s up to 320kbps

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    #alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd on EFNet has a seemingly never ending supply of music.. Look at the headers for all of the alt.binaries.* that has to do with music.. All the .flac etc.. tons of it..