Thread: Illegal or just been greedy?

DuckerRUFC
    Illegal or just been greedy?

As the founders of pirate bay have just been convicted it got me thinking....

Are file sharers really robbing companies?
    Not only do they make billions a year, they have a massive customer base which would buy movies and music from the stores.
    I dont agree with the mass profit they make out of us, but i also dont agree with the profit the founders of pirate bay will make through ad's on there site.

Does anyone agree with me when I say the companies should allow file sharing to go on, LEGALLY, and without risk of fines or prosicution, but prosicute people who make a profit through adverts on their repsective sites?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yes it is. If you are enjoying someone else's creations that they want you to pay for and you are not paying for it then it is stealing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Yes it is. If you are enjoying someone else's creations that they want you to pay for and you are not paying for it then it is stealing.
    Honestly all we need to do is to make trackers places with less people who knows each other. Then it will be like giving your vista dvd to your friends in real life. I share my wow account with my friend in real life and no police or any other man is chasing after me, the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.
    There is a form of filesharing like that, it's called Friend-to-Friend (F2F)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    angryghost's Avatar Get In Ma BELLY! BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Honestly all we need to do is to make trackers places with less people who knows each other. Then it will be like giving your vista dvd to your friends in real life. I share my wow account with my friend in real life and no police or any other man is chasing after me, the problem with bt is that you share it with a lot of people about whom you have no idea. Therefore it seems like mass distribution from outside, if we were to know each other a lot better, then we could argue that we actually share stuff with each other just like in the real time.
    haha how would you propose a community like TL could "get to know each other better" then? monthly membership tea parties perhaps?
    Last edited by angryghost; 04-20-2009 at 06:37 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by angryghost View Post
    haha how would you propose a community like TL could "get to know each other better" then? monthly membership tea parties perhaps?
    Lol. Some trackers have 'get togethers' every month. In which the members set a time, place and date and they 'meet up'

In my opinion it's ridicules and a major security risk, but you usually see this in small trackers.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckerRUFC View Post
    Illegal or just been greedy?

As the founders of pirate bay have just been convicted it got me thinking....

Not only do they make billions a year, they have a massive customer base which would buy movies and music from the stores.
    Nothing like convicted customers.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18

why not? I have a couple of friends from certain trackers that i meet regularly. I even run into a few people near the city i live in. Something like TL Turkey group, or TL Egypt et cetera would be pretty nice. You can also make irc usage a must for users. I know not every user can participate on this mandatory irc, yet if they are members, they must be able to spare a few hours in a week for the tracker irc so that we can actually get to know each other a little better. Also, if you are not gonna seed, leech or be active on the forum, what is the point of being on the site really? I see people on ftn bitmetv fsc who doesnt use the tracker actively at all. Some have 300 mb upload and download. If you are not gonna use the tracker, what is the point of being there really unless you are in it for so called community?
    Last edited by bilkenter; 04-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9

why not? I have a couple of friends from certain trackers that i meet regularly. I even run into a few people near the city i live in. Something like TL Turkey group, or TL Egypt et cetera would be pretty nice. You can also make irc usage a must for users. I know not every user can participate on this mandatory irc, yet if they are members, they must be able to spare a few hours in a week for the tracker irc so that we can actually get to know each other a little better. Also, if you are not gonna seed, leech or be active on the forum, what is the point of being on the site really? I see people on ftn bitmetv fsc who doesnt use the tracker actively at all. Some have 300 mb upload and download. If you are not gonna use the tracker, what is the point of being there really unless you are in it for so called community?
    you cant force people to do anything..