Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you respect the scene?

BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    On a totally unrelated note, I don't (as I have said ad nauseam) respect anyone who hides behind a nom de plum to say something that he wouldn't say otherwise.
    And for that matter why the hell as people allowed to register here with blatantly fake email addresses?

As for the scene ;never met him so I wouldn't know if he warrants my respect or not.

On another unrelated note -isn't darki(sic) a racist name for black people?

By the way sorry to not give appropriate responses.I hope my facetiousness goes unpunished.
    The Scene is a she.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    technodrome's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    scene have quality and specially for movies, you have to download popular scene releases for find a synchronized subtitle..

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think what Darki is trying to imply implicitly is that Scene hates spreading cuz the Risks and the liabilities arent exactly balanced ..
    Think of the scene as a society that operates on the barter system ..
    You give some u get some is how it works .. This way each party is responsible for what they are sharing/giving with a transfer of liabilities ... But with th End user like ourselves we arnt providing anything back in this barter system so what they are angry about is y r we reaping the benefit of their work when it was not intended in that manner ..
    Tell me would u like it if everyday somebody just kept askng you for money or some stuff without giving anything in return?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    darki's Avatar Viva la Revolución!
    On a totally unrelated note, I don't (as I have said ad nauseam) respect anyone who hides behind a nom de plum to say something that he wouldn't say otherwise.
    maybe I'm wrong but it seems that you think I want respect from you? (edit :-)) and my nick isn't selected because racist..
    Last edited by darki; 04-18-2009 at 06:08 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    @ Darki

Members here do not have access to the scene for the most part, so I don't know what you are trying to get out of this thread. Also I think you're misguided, because abiding by scene rules does not go hand in hand with having respect for them. I do not have scene access, so I don't have the responsibility or burden of the rules that come with it. The connection you're making is very naive, or maybe you are just using the wrong word.

According to my definition of respect, I guess I respect them for the risks they take which let me watch tv easily and try out games. However my respect is not going to stop me from sharing and using the warez they release. I think 'appreciate' is a better word than respect.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-18-2009 at 06:19 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    darki's Avatar Viva la Revolución!
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    @ Darki

Members here do not have access to the scene for the most part, so I don't know what you are trying to get out of this thread.
    mhm hm mhm...maybe you are right.. this thread should be on a scene tracker because they giving a fuck of the opinion of the scene and spreading their releases.. I don't think they respect them .. they want only earn money with it ...
    Last edited by darki; 04-18-2009 at 06:23 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I think what Darki is trying to imply implicitly is that Scene hates spreading cuz the Risks and the liabilities arent exactly balanced ..
    You give some u get some is how it works .. This way each party is responsible for what they are sharing/giving with a transfer of liabilities ... But with th End user like ourselves we arnt providing anything back in this barter system so what they are angry about is y r we reaping the benefit of their work when it was not intended in that manner ..
    Tell me would u like it if everyday somebody just kept askng you for money or some stuff without giving anything in return?
    The last question: Of course I wouldn't.

BUT, are you saying the scene would have been happy to share if each of us just payed for it?

I guess what I want to know is: what's the point of the scene? Who are they releasing the stuff for if not for p2p purposes? I'm a noob in this area, btw. I'm just curious, maybe some people here know more.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    The last question: Of course I wouldn't.

BUT, are you saying the scene would have been happy to share if each of us just payed for it?

I guess what I want to know is: what's the point of the scene? Who are they releasing the stuff for if not for p2p purposes? I'm a noob in this area, btw. I'm just curious, maybe some people here know more.
    Its barter system ... I release some stuff i get some credits so that i can get other peoples releases ... Its not about money with the scene ... Paying for their releases is not what their releases are intended for .. They want to share stuff within their group/circle cuz it safer for them that way

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Wrong place n00b

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by darki View Post
    maybe I'm wrong but it seems that you think I want respect from you?
    Didn't say that you did .Just stating a fact .
    Assumption is the mother of all fuckups isn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    The Scene is a she.
    That would explain a lot.

Put me down for a no then.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast