Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you respect the scene?

Respect the scene? Sure i respect them, thats not sayin im going to follow their silly rules...

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I also do not believe respect is the right word. I am not a member of the scene so how can I 'respect' their rules I am not a Catholic either ? Another point, have you taken the time to read any scene notices regarding p2p? I find it hard to 'respect' anyone that is willing to release others private info in retaliation for someone sharing their stolen warez. The idiocy of some of these scene notices makes them barely understandable.
    With the competition that goes on between the groups and how much they put each other down I find it hard to find respect for them there either. The spirit of sharing that came from the original scene is long gone now it is just groups trying to outdo each other and gain brag rights, even if the releases themselves are very poor quality at least they were first, what kind of thinking is that ?
    Once the release is pre'd the race is over, unless the group screwed up then the proper comes along etc but once the release has been pre'd to the afil sites then p2p uploaders with scene axx (that they PAY for) race the releases to the various torrent sites. Then the very groups that pre'd the release get upset that afil sites sell access ?
    If they truly wanted to have their private little race to see who got there first they could without spreading the releases to afil sites, but what is the point without an audience ? Yet once the release has been pre'd we are supposed to go oooh aaaah that was quick.......... But do not download scene releases if you are not affiliated to the scene ? Is it just me or does the idea of not sharing go against everything bt is about ? I would rather respect the rules of the sharing community I am in, from what I have read of scene notices these groups sound completely mental.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    I think this story goes to -> if you're respecting scene why you're downloading our shit! from torrent trackers ?
    Most people on the trackers usually dont know much about ,,the scene''...

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    I think this story goes to -> if you're respecting scene why you're downloading our shit! from torrent trackers ?
    Most people on non-scene trackers usually dont know much about ,,the scene''...
    /fixed
    yes true if you are on demonoid and mininova...
    but if you are talking about like sct,scc,scenehd all content include scene releases ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Oh give me a break, all this wank about "the scene" not wanting their shit to be spread.

If people didn't want their files spread worldwide through FTP and straight onto the main 0day trackers in 3 minutes flat, they wouldn't pre them in the first place. It might have been a tightly run ship in the past, but it's too huge now.

Do i respect the loosely organised network of irc bots and fast pipes from which most of our files of originate?

Well, duh. But that's all there is to it. There is no politics, just the files.
    Last edited by Squizzle; 04-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    they dont care
    and neither do i

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    SunKing's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Yes, I do respect the scene, though I personally don't agree with some of their limits imposed on high def releases.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I respect them but I usually get pissed when you have shitty rips which result in Repacks.

Like the Pink Panther 2 DVDRip (by HLS), How the FUCK can you make the mistake of ripping the first movie?

The scene needs to really think about the whole idea. I mean if it's all about quality, you shouldn't just rush releases.

Same goes for AC3 instead of DTS in HD Rips.
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 04-20-2009 at 12:18 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    The scene needs to really think about the whole idea. I mean if it's all about quality, you shouldn't just rush releases.
    What I find amusing is people thinking of "the scene" as some kind of single entity or place.

Every individual involved in the FTP scene has different ideas about what "the scene" is, what it stands for etc.

It's viewed by the general public (i.e us) as some kind of super elite co-ordinated entity, unattainable and elusive.

The reason for this is pretty obvious - to be a "member" of the FTP scene you actually have to be able to contribute something. It could be fast access to files, storage space, bandwidth, hardware, and of course even just money, (which is the way most people first get involved).

The general perception of "the scene" as some kind of elite place or club with exclusive membership is as much ludicrous as it is understandable; 99% of people have nothing they could contribute to the scene and wouldn't even know who to talk to if they did.

As i've tried to state, the scene is primarily an efficient, well established and regulated files distribution system. This much is fact, the rest consists of the individual opinions of the individuals involved.

The scene is everywhere, sceners use torrents and vice versa, unlike the torrent scene, it's not some high-level site that you can chat your way into, it's a system, one with a purpose, and one that requires a bit more than just a web browser and an inflated ego to be a part of.

You do not find the scene, the scene finds you when it needs you. Just try it. Get your hands on a not-yet-leaked album, rip it and upload it to what.cd or waffles.fm. I guarantee that numerous scene members will contact you for proof and permission to put it out on global pre.

Even the scene rules themselves are subjective. How many releases have you seen that are crappy quality and against "scene rules", but are pre'd, raced and spread anyway, only to be nuked later?

What I'm trying to say is that the scene operates with a purpose, it's not like torrents at all, and trying to speak of it in terms of torrent politics or standards will always be pointless.

It's there, it's not going anywhere any time soon, deal with it, recognise it for what it is and respect it.
    Last edited by Squizzle; 04-20-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: lol grammar

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    You do not find the scene, the scene finds you when it needs you.
    Kind of like an ultra secret government agency but without the sunglasses and spiffy clothes .

What I'm trying to say is that the scene operates with a purpose, it's not like torrents at all, and trying to speak of it in terms of torrent politics or standards will always be pointless.
    You are affording way too much significance to what is in effect some reasonably(OK quite) intelligent people stealing things.

It's there, it's not going anywhere any time soon, deal with it, recognise it for what it is and respect it.
    What leads to the unanswered question..... Why?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast