Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 -- Broken Steel, Is Here!

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3170103

Once again, the download is broken, this time it's the PC one, so if you going to grab the DLC for PC, don't do it now, it's buggy and Bethsoft is blaming DRM, go figure
    [center]

2. Games   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Is there point in installing these extra content packs if I haven't started the game yet? I have Fallout 3 installed but haven't found time to start yet. Should I install all the extra content before creating a character or does it not matter until I've gotten far into the game?

3. Games   -   #3
    callme's Avatar Poster
    if ull pass a game without any addons, i think u have no desire for playing it again anymore

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Is there point in installing these extra content packs if I haven't started the game yet? I have Fallout 3 installed but haven't found time to start yet. Should I install all the extra content before creating a character or does it not matter until I've gotten far into the game?
    Well if you do, the best part is Operation Anchorage, you'll will get the Power Armor ability right away instead of waiting till about 50% into the game...and yes it's better to install them all now....because the first two can be done during any point during the game, and Broken Steel takes off after the last mission in the game and continues the game...btw, I've beat it twice now, and going a 3rd time to complete all goals and get every hidden item.
    [center]

5. Games   -   #5
    Also, it's better to install them before hand, and any other mods you might want to add if you're on the PC version (I personally recommend if nothing else adding the "GNR, More where that came from" to up the radio playlist from 20 to 100 songs). It doesn't always cause problems, but there seem to be more odd problems if you add things after leaving the vault, rather than a clean start.

As an aside, that goes double for removing a mod you want to try but don't like. Best to make a save prior to a new mod install
    Last edited by Vash999; 05-09-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds. - Vash

6. Games   -   #6
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    i m downloading Fallout 3 atm ,, heard that its shite without mods ... hope that the mods work out good

7. Games   -   #7
    I think it's excellent without mods, everyone is bitching about the level cap, and that's addressed in the newest DLC.

For you GNR mod, it's much easier just to use 1by1 player (lower low cpu usage player) and just use your own music (playlist) and NJOY!
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-09-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    [center]

8. Games   -   #8
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    With Oblivion and Morrowind, I need to play with Galsiah's Mod, or nGCD because the leveling up system is ridiculously shitty in the vanilla games. I assumed Fallout 3 had a different system where you didn't need to count the skills you leveled to maximize your attributes, but if not I might have to start it with a few tweaking mods..

9. Games   -   #9
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    I think it's excellent without mods, everyone is bitching about the level cap, and that's addressed in the newest DLC.

For you GNR mod, it's much easier just to use 1by1 player (lower low cpu usage player) and just use your own music (playlist) and NJOY!
    ohh ... well i saw many many people bitching about Fallout 3 without mods ... seems diff opinion here .. thanks .. i will tryout without mods now ..

10. Games   -   #10
    Well I have the 360 version so don't go by what I say, I've not tried any mods, so maybe it does make the PC exp better, I have no idea, sorry if I meant that differently.

Yes you level up, but you can go all the way to 30 with the BS DLC, which by then you pretty much invincible. It's much more fun to do it this way, and build your charecter how you would if you were really there, at least that was my thinking, the story just took me in.

Go to here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3 for the best Fallout 3 insight around, including leveling, character development and more...and very top notch site and is organized all in one place. Read it before you start playing so you know about Karma, Exp, and leveling.
    [center]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast