Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP needed for file recovery

I located another drive/same model and swapped the controller board but it was a no go. It seems the actual motor on the bad drive had died. Thaanks for the advice.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Or if everything fails but the data is very important for you,there are guys who are good with the hardware aspect of it and know how to take apart a hard disk and retrieve all the data for you even from a microwaved hard drive,so yours isn't really a goner yet,if you can't do it by your own just take it to the experts.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'm still working on recovering my data from my crashed hard drive, but i've found that out of "GetDataBack" and "recover my files" and 'file-rescue plus', FRP finds more files than the other too. The bad sectors are too fooked for the other two to search the drive effectviley and yield very few results. FPS finds everything but it freezes when you copy too many files.
    See ya in another life, brother.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Easy recovery/ use Advanced Recovery section

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm assumig that the drive is a seagate 1.5TB drive that has been plagued with issues since its launch and required a firmware upgrade to fix the issue.

You can try the utilities from Hiren's Boot CD which has several HDD recovery tools. You can see a list of tools/utilities included at the following link

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12