Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New what.cd userclass rules

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Dang, I'm gonna demoted if I don't upload some new albums .. Luckily I have a ton that aren't on there, school JUST finished for me, and this will give me some motivation to up what I was putting off.

Alot of seedbox users and trancoders who make like 5 (useless?) ogg rips of torrents will get demoted. What do you guys think of the changes? I'm happy with them cause I bet there's tons of people in my position who just needed a little push to start sharing.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-21-2009 at 04:25 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I like how What.cd makes you share music if you care about being promoted to some userclass. It's all around good for the site and members. I won't be demoted by these new changes, but it will take me a little while longer now to hit the next class.

The changes on formats are a bit surprising though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I will also be demoted, but I agree with the new rules. I became a PU pretty easily. You just needed a SB at the right time and then just had to upload 1 album.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I probably have at least a hundred albums I could upload. I've already passed the quota I needed but I won't be consistently connected to the net for the next few days so I doubt I will upload more. Might later on though; never chose that site to upload my music on in the past but I've grown to love everything about it so I'll probably start going through my rarities and seeing what I can contribute over the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    I will also be demoted, but I agree with the new rules. I became a PU pretty easily. You just needed a SB at the right time and then just had to upload 1 album.
    Ya the PU userclass was pretty easy to reach without necessarily contributing much. I think this will also deflate the torrent count, cause all those unpopular formats will get deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'm in favor of the new rules. These changes will get people to upload more stuff and share the wealth. (I'm so glad I won't be demoted from PU.)
    The elite class is going to take me a while to attain though. Time to dig through some collections.
    Last edited by Stellar; 04-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    james223's Avatar t0rrents BT Rep: +1
    Will cut down the crap torrent formats and make PU become more active and participate.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    well first off i don't understand the 'changes' to the rules. the new text for elite users says you must currently have 50 uploaded torrents... ya well i thought it was always that way. i have 50 uploads and have been seeding them forever to maintain my elite status... i already thought i had to do that.

anyways for you guys talking about ripping albums and whatnot ... here's a hint which requires a lot less effort ... just go on one of the 0-day torrent sites and download scene release music... then go upload it to what.cd... very simple really..

only catch is ya have to continue seeding it yourself ya don't want it to drop to 0 seeders or it gets removed after 2 weeks.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    ill stay as PU

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    well first off i don't understand the 'changes' to the rules. the new text for elite users says you must currently have 50 uploaded torrents... ya well i thought it was always that way. i have 50 uploads and have been seeding them forever to maintain my elite status... i already thought i had to do that.
    Previously, if you reached elite and let your uploaded torrent count die to below 50, then you couldn't be demoted. Now as soon as you go below 50 torrents, you will be demoted.

And btw, I am not getting demoted. And I may soon be a TM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think that what they would rather have is members uploading new stuff all the time, rather than sit on 50 torrents for 5 years and never upload a new torrent.

Or thats the way i read what you said, but then again, someone, somewhere, will always find a loophole/negative to anything tracker staff tries to do.

Or maybe you are correct an what think a lot differently to what i do, my philosphy is, once you have got 5 snatches on the torrent, you can leave it forever, its up to those that snatched it to keep it alive.

I always seed other members stuff a lot longer than my own uploads, I have done my bit putting it on the tracker for the members, its up to the members to make sure other members can still get it.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-21-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast