Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putting A Lid On Broadband Use

Originally posted by Gre1@25 September 2003 - 03:27
    Nope. It's a habit sometimes I do it sometimes I don't and quit bitching and calm down just a long ass quote what's wrong with that.

Why None That Time...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    i have to agree against the isps on this one.

im paying my isp so much £ a month for 512adsl. im not paying them so much £ a month for a half assed attempt at 512.

when im not using my bandwidth to full someone else is getting it so im technically paying for them to use my bandwidth.

im not abusing my service, im using what im paying for.

my isp has not bitched to me yet about over use and ive almost had my connection maxed out since july. if we high end users are using our service to what we are paying for then so be it. they have technically made a bad decision in their infrastructure by not preparing for the worst case scenario.

if we high end users are such that small % they keep making us out to be then whats the problem, we cant be putting that much strain on the network if its like 1/100 users that are using full bw. i bet they are making most of this up so they can increase the contention ratio to 60:1 on a 50:1 exchange and make more money by having loads of smaller dial up bw users paying for bb access speeds.

Xanex

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    see this is why comcast sucks

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I thought comcast was a good ISP but I see they are not but I know people using Comcast still not caring about what they download.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12