Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I don't like games anymore

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I haven't had a game that I haven't beat in under 2 weeks, so it's wasteful money in my opinion, I rent games, and very rarely have to have a PC title, I just upgraded my PC so I can actually play these games now, and I have downloaded maybe 10 that are PC only or I can't rent for my 360...Fallout 3 I bought 'cause I wanted to beat everything and that took a bit longer, but normally I could care less about achievements and the like.
    [center]

2. Games   -   #12
    I only buy games when they have good multiplayer, other than fallout my attention span is too short for most games.

3. Games   -   #13
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo818 View Post
    I only buy games when they have good multiplayer, other than fallout my attention span is too short for most games.
    I never saw the point in MMORPG in my country as the monthly quota's are too short for a decent gaming session.

Why do you think if you to be a successful ISP you need a 'unmetered' gaming server?

Can't wait to test out Tivo (unmetered)

4. Games   -   #14
    I never ever ever, buy on account of multiplayer, I'm might be nuts, but I hate multi player, I want the "career" single player mode, the multi player is insane to budget your game just around that...it's 50/50 divide on the single player and multiplayer.
    [center]

5. Games   -   #15
    For the most part I like to game by myself but rts can be much more fun with others.
    I also enjoy being in a rpg around other players even if I solo. The problem with something like WoW or even Guild Wars is that your eventually forced to play with a big group of people. Maybe Diablo 3 will change that so you can play a casualy game by yourself or team up with friends. I'm also looking forward to playing all the fallout 3 expansion packs.

6. Games   -   #16
    The first Fallout 3 DLC was alright, the second one was quite fun, but "Broken Steel" is the one I'm really wanting.
    [center]

7. Games   -   #17
    I plan to skip the first one. it just sounds like a ghost recon copy.

8. Games   -   #18
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    I never ever ever, buy on account of multiplayer, I'm might be nuts, but I hate multi player, I want the "career" single player mode, the multi player is insane to budget your game just around that...it's 50/50 divide on the single player and multiplayer.
    The logic behind it is that you can download cracked single player games and enjoy them in their entirety, but to be able to get the most out of the multiplayer component, you most likely will have to own a legit serial. I see how it's selfish and discourages companies to make good offline RPG's (which is my favorite genre alongside FPS) but it's also practical an makes the most sense.

It's too bad some developers (ie Flagship studios) go bankrupt, although there might have been other factors besides pirating, such as their confusing business model, and how the game doesn't even seen finished.

Hopefully good single player only developers like Bethesda will continue releasing games for pc's.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-28-2009 at 04:49 AM.

9. Games   -   #19
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    ...discourages companies to make good offline RPG's...
    Wasn't Pokemon successful?

10. Games   -   #20
    Flagships game hg london was mediocre at best. Then they had the weird monthly fees to unlock everything. Bill Roper should of stayed with blizzard. Arena.net (founded by another blizzard guy) is doing better I think. Guild Wars 2 looks promising. They say you can solo most of it.

I think the era of pc gaming is almost over due to many factors. Piracy and large hd tv's come to mind. My problem is that the quality fun pc games are disappearing and not coming out anymore. Its all just run around and kill everything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast