Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I don't like games anymore

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by jedispork View Post
    Flagships game hg london was mediocre at best. Then they had the weird monthly fees to unlock everything. Bill Roper should of stayed with blizzard. Arena.net (founded by another blizzard guy) is doing better I think. Guild Wars 2 looks promising. They say you can solo most of it.

I think the era of pc gaming is almost over due to many factors. Piracy and large hd tv's come to mind. My problem is that the quality fun pc games are disappearing and not coming out anymore. Its all just run around and kill everything.
    That's interesting.. I've got a big HDTV, but I never thought of upgrading my xbox to a 360. That might be the way gaming is heading, although to me it's a shame. I hate consoles cause they will always get outdated. PC's you can upgrade and there's a feeling of continuity at least.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    ...discourages companies to make good offline RPG's...
    Wasn't Pokemon successful?
    Not a pc game.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 04-28-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Games   -   #22
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    There are kick ass console games that I have played or have considered playing haha. Not a big gamer here, but I will never play a FPS on a console. Come on with a freaking controller? Oh hell not. That's just a way to get owned. They have made keyboard/mouse adapters for both 360 and PS3. I tried the 360 one and while you can win that way, it will never compare to PC gaming for FPS games.

I just don't get how games like Halo 3 are sold so well and most people actually game with controllers lol. It makes me wonder if they ever palyed those type of games on the PC. For me playing those types of games with a controller it's simply downgrading and preparing to get my ass kicked by people using adapters to make the gameplay somewhat better.

On the other hand the WII has a nice controller for FPS but does not have the power for them.

3. Games   -   #23
    An almost exact quote was "Devil May Cry 4 was pirated to hell and back" for the pc. Sold well for consoles but not pc. It only makes sense for developers to release where they make the most money. I would say at least most games will eventually be some kind of online key verification. isn't that how steam works?

I don't think pc's are as upgradeable as people think. You usually need a new mainboard for that new processor or to take advantage of a new video card, etc. I think the advantage could be user mods for games and able to get under the hood. I'm not much of a tech guy so most doesn't apply to me anyway.

The live fee is another slap in the face for pc gamers moving to a 360 if you do play multiplayer games. I'm not sure if I will renew mine. I pay for it every year and end up using it just a few times.

4. Games   -   #24
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    PC gaming is at a end, every year I see more and more titles that normal would come to the PC do not, console only. Seriously though, a Xbox 360 or PS3 are good investments, I would say 360 more because of the gameing base, don't base you sole decsion on Blu-ray, because right now, PS3 only has Blu-ray going, can't play cracked/copied games, DRM is a bitch, Sony sucks, no backward compatiability (although they might package them as DLC like Microsoft is doing with it's first generation games) and the biggest of all biggest things, price, in this economy $400 is too far fetched for the normal consumer/adult/kid/whoever....
    [center]

5. Games   -   #25
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Tbh, I don't play new games, not because they wouldbe bad, but because my PC is 2 years old. I have a ton of games to play that I left out while studying (hopefully I'll have time during the summer). I also have a ps2 and a shitlload of emulated stuff to play on my PC.
    Growing up, games were very hard to get in my country. I intend to make up for that someday, lol.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. Games   -   #26
    Poster
    it's true that pc game is pretty much the same, but it doesn't mean there aren't any good games anymore

7. Games   -   #27
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Compared to new IP's that are coming out for console only it does mean there aren't as many good games...PC developers are more geared towards consoles, why would you waste 2-3 years on a developing a game for it to be pirated before it's even released and no one buy's it? This is the major factor why game dev's are no longer making PC titles, one example is EA Sports '09 lineup missing from PC.
    [center]

8. Games   -   #28
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    it sounds like you just don't enjoy the genres of games u try to keep playing

i felt that way about the new prince of persia. it looks pretty, but i find it very hard to keep going. and the whole collecting light seeds thing is stupid when you realize you need 100 more to advance. lol

what types of games are you in to? fps? rts? rpg? third person stuff? online fps? online rpg? online rts? there's a few more i haven't covered

and also, just because a game is hard doesn't mean you should all of a sudden give up on gaming or the game itself.
    Last edited by abu_has_the_power; 05-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.

9. Games   -   #29
    yeh PC gaming is so dead, everything is either a crappy console port or some low budget indie game.

10. Games   -   #30
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalcake View Post
    yeh PC gaming is so dead, everything is either a crappy console port or some low budget indie game.
    Ehh Deus Ex: Island of Liberty was excellent, Invisible of War was meh. Let's see what the 3rd game turns out to be
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast