Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think I don't like games anymore

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I'd say lets wait on 3-D gaming, if you want to pay $4000 for the monitor, most game devs are making them in all 3-D just like Pixar (or the other animated company) is doing from now on.
    [center]

2. Games   -   #32
    I can feel my stomach churning already. If I can barely handle some games now I bet I would throw up when they come out of the screen.

3. Games   -   #33
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    @SoL, offtopic but why would you rent the game if you can mod the 360?

4. Games   -   #34
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    Just because you moded your 360 doesn't mean you shouldn't support the devs.

The whole moral or getting backups is "Try before you buy" then "If you like it, buy it"
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 10-21-2009 at 09:12 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Games   -   #35
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    you should try out more RPG games or MMO's, or maybe even some Guitar hero or Rockband that never gets boring especially when you have a group of people to play with.

6. Games   -   #36
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    Just because you moded your 360 doesn't mean you shouldn't support the devs.

The whole moral or getting backups is "Try before you buy" then "If you like it, buy it"
    Yea but if you want to support devs shouldn't you buy the game instead of renting?

7. Games   -   #37
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    if new games bore you, then you can always go old-school

that said, there are still some really good games coming out lately

8. Games   -   #38
    My interest in pc gaming has came back a little bit. I've been playing dungeons and dragons online. My only gripe so far is that you are forced to group if you want to play the game as intended. My friend has 2 accounts just we can play the game normally.

I've settled on pc and ps3 for my gaming right now. Xbox has a nice selection of games but I refuse to pay for gold. I rarely do multiplayer but I like the option there if I'm in the mood for it. It would be nice if something like onlive could finally end all the console and pc vs console wars and get everyone on a universal and flexible system. It sounds great in theory but not sure if we are ready for it yet.

Still it seems when I'm in the mood for games I come out disappointed. I've thought about ignoring video games all together but always get lured back in. I also like to support the developers but buying and selling games is a annoying chore. Maybe its a ocd thing but when I see a game on my shelf thats not going to be played again I would rather get some $ for it. If games had some lasting fun to them I would feel good about buying it and not go through the trouble of selling everything when I'm done.

Lately there are good movies and tv shows to watch every weekend. My gf and I can stay up all night watching movies. This experience has far surpassed gaming for me.
    Last edited by Sporkk; 10-26-2009 at 05:03 AM.

9. Games   -   #39
    I feel the same way. I'm waiting for MW2 to come out because I'm bored with everything else. I'm more entertained with my iphone games than I am with my console games. idk..

10. Games   -   #40
    inthistwilight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Going back to the earlier posts....remember when games used to be hard? I mean controller throwing stand up and throw a string of expletives at the screen while playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES (I still never beat that game). Battletoads also took a crazy amount of time from my life

Games nowadays are just plain too easy. And the hard modes just basically increase the amount of damage you take, they're not designed for as much skill anymore. I miss truly having to work at a boss. The satisfaction you get when you finally take them down is compared to no other.

Another example and then I'll quit . I remember playing Final Fantasy 2 (USA) and spending HOURS leveling up Rydia before the last boss just so she would get high enough to get Meteo, just so I could have a shot at beating the boss.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast