Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stop the madness!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptanAmerica View Post
    this thread has moar then 1k views only cause the op is da owner of ukt?
    Owner of what ? That tracker who got busted by the police 3-4 years ago and now is locked down with a low number of users ?

If it's so, now i see why he is a fan for the trackers with a small users base.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoxro View Post
    Owner of what ? That tracker who got busted by the police 3-4 years ago and now is locked down with a low number of users ?

If it's so, now i see why he is a fan for the trackers with a small users base.
    i don't think the user amount is the main cause of the sites closing.. ukt can close aswell

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    For this 100,000 members argument, BCG used to have 100,000 members, we had 70,000 seeders and 6,000 leechers, we now have 28,000 members, we have 100,000 seeders, 2,000 leechers.

OK the leechers have gone down, but that may be because we have been closed, but just because we had 100,000 members, does not mean site activity was a lot better than it is now.

the vast majority of those 100,000 were, sign up, hit and run, get into Kl, change IP/Email/Name and sign up again, or sign up 250 accounts, for use when we did close, so they could be used for trading/selling.

To me its everyones fault, us for staying closed, but we only stay closed because a vast majority just take the piss, but when we open to get members in, to me we are doing the new members a favour, but they just sign up and take the piss again, so we close.

its a viscous circle
    Last edited by stoi; 04-23-2009 at 04:21 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    I don't own any site, retard.

Back on topic - bang goes swedvdr. Thought that one might be next.

http://torrentfreak.com/swedish-anti...ackers-090423/

They're having a rough time in Sweden right now, I guess we saw it coming. This has to be far from over, what with the retrials being called and the prospect of an appeal...

There's a lot to keep track of at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

These are the places that ruin bitorrent IMO
    If someone wants to start a torrent site and limit the number of members to 5000 why is it wrong for them to do this and how on earth are they somehow ruining bitorrent?
    Nobody has the 'right' to join any private torrent site no matter how big or small the membership base.
    As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.
    Quoted for absolute truth, kudos.
    Last edited by Squizzle; 04-23-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I think it's difficult to separate exclusivity from elitism.

Or at least that's what we like to say at the Country Club.

On a more serious note to paraphrase Groucho Marx- I wouldn’t want to belong to any site that would accept me as a member.

Wait that wasn't more serious was it?
    Well actually given the temper of the original post that's about as serious as I am going to get.

And I'm afraid about as on topic too.
    Now excuse me while I go hang out on some board where people aren't constantly attempting to prove their view of reality is the only correct one.

And to squizzle having made an incorrect statement does not make a person a retard or else everyone here would qualify .

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Hostile Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.
    I seriously doubt that's the case. It's the idea that there is a SUPAR SEKRIT KLUB that only a select few (as dictated by the intentionally limited number of users) can get into. Your average person wants to feel as though they belong, but that's not always enough. I don't want to get into all the psychological nonsense that this involves, but a human's baser instincts force them to want to belong to something more.

In essence, people will only barter to gain access to sites/things (offline) that are known to be "elite" or otherwise interesting enough to risk losing something to for the privilege. There's no need to trade to get something if just about anyone can get it. Demonoid is a good example.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    anyone who is calling ukt an "elitest" tracker trying to gain exclusivity is an absolue retard and should look into the history of the site first. Considering the fact that they already have been busted, its pretty fair for them to keep a low profile and not have every idiotic cunt joining, this will only draw attention to the site and get them busted, again. Do you people actually think they do it just so they can be "1337"? If you look at the amount of leechers and seeders, as well as forum and irc activity on the site you will see that the site is not "stagnant" but survivinng bloody well without having thousands and thousands and thousands of members. Why? because they have strict rules for security, so decent people get invited, not the shite-stains you see floating about half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members
    Each and every "elite" tracker has this mentality. Somehow, limiting your userbase to a very small, "select" group of people (which, in large part, are members on all of them) makes you super special. It's complete fucking nonsense and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest, but that's their choice, I suppose. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to end up being just another tracker, but with "an awesome community." The quoted part of that sentence makes me want to wretch, by the way.
    Obviously, you are not a part of any of these trackers (small limited userbase with limited invites or new accounts). The fact of the matter is that people who are not in these sites think of it as an "elite" site. People on the outside think of the site being "stingy" or elitists cause they can't get in. Simple as that really. Large easily accessible sites are more likely to have issues...Legal AND nonlegal.

If I had a choice to go to an illegal gambling location and had to choose between 2 different locations and one was open to almost anyone and was held at the local mall and the other was with friends and friends of friends at someones personal home....Guess which one I would go to. Which one would you feel safest at? I wouldn't classify the ones at the home as elitists, either. Just smart.

and will inevitably lead to stagnation and a total lack of interest
    Further proof that you're not a member of the sites I can only guess you are speaking of...

Your statements are fraught with misconceptions and horrible uneducated statements, imo. More often than not this happens with those that make statements about sites they have never experienced.

Edit: Sorry if some of these points have already been made...Made the quote and post before I finished reading the whole thread...
    Last edited by bumrocks; 04-25-2009 at 05:23 AM.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Well said bumrocks, very logical deduction. Unfortunately, I fear it is wasted on most folks here (not all mind you) but enough.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Ye what bumrocks said, i kinda said the same but in less friendly terms. i have said it enough anyway.
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast