Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stop the madness!

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by NippleCake View Post
    anyone who is calling ukt an "elitest" tracker trying to gain exclusivity is an absolue retard and should look into the history of the site first. Considering the fact that they already have been busted, its pretty fair for them to keep a low profile and not have every idiotic cunt joining, this will only draw attention to the site and get them busted, again. Do you people actually think they do it just so they can be "1337"? If you look at the amount of leechers and seeders, as well as forum and irc activity on the site you will see that the site is not "stagnant" but survivinng bloody well without having thousands and thousands and thousands of members. Why? because they have strict rules for security, so decent people get invited, not the shite-stains you see floating about half the time.
    After that little diatribe I can only surmise that apparently "decency" has vastly different meanings to different people .
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    And to nipplecake having made an incorrect statement does not make a person a retard or else everyone here would qualify .
    Although I agree that restricted access does not equate to elitism certain individuals condescending attitudes(not counting you br) is going a long way to changing my mind.
    Just have a fucking opinion without putting someone down can you.

Fuck .

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Just a word of advise, edit your post or you will get an infraction, i wont report it, but i called someone a prick and got an infraction, and yours is way worse than mine.

even though now its been quoted, so i think you are SOL

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Especially considering it was the very next post after I made a comment about not insulting people.
    Can't say it surprised me though.

Just a thought how about everyone showing each other as much respect as you show your precious trackers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    what is this thread about?

trackers shutting down afters tpb verdict? ukt? piss at small 'communities'? nipples? cakes? idol? eyes? :confused:
    Last edited by squirr3l; 04-25-2009 at 03:10 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    VinX's Avatar ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ BT Rep: +5
    i think that swedish sites will be affected mainly coz of tpb trail .. swedvdr is going down too

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Im sorry, but a torrent site is all abut sharing. "dont want 100.000 users"? So fucking what? Who cares what you want, share and share alike right? So lets limit the people who can share? Stupid.

This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

Exclusivity is the devil and everyone should know that.
    It's amazing how twisted your pov on this matter is. You seem to have this idea that it is trackers who want exclusivity. You're wrong. Most sites would love to have a larger member-base. They opened up the site to help the community share files, ffs, what the hell do you think they're looking for. It is circumstances such as those that sprouted the creation of this thread that force them into putting limitations on the size of the member-base in place, to try to limit the exposure of the site. This is done in order to reduce the potential risk to the staff and members of the site, not in order to promote any sort of exclusivity. The latter is an unfortunate, yet unavoidable product of these circumstances, not a goal by itself.

If you don't agree with these statements, I urge you to practice your beliefs and start a tracker of your own which will have 100K+ members. When you feel you're getting some heat from the authorities, tell them to screw themselves and just continue growing in the same ethos that helped the TPB grow to be one of the largest BT sites on the net. I'm sure you'll make a great cell buddy to the four of them.
    Last edited by pro267; 04-25-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Paracetamol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    As for these sites being 'elitist' it is the traders here that turn these sites into 'elite' sites, not the sites themselves or their users.
    I seriously doubt that's the case. It's the idea that there is a SUPAR SEKRIT KLUB that only a select few (as dictated by the intentionally limited number of users) can get into. Your average person wants to feel as though they belong, but that's not always enough. I don't want to get into all the psychological nonsense that this involves, but a human's baser instincts force them to want to belong to something more.

In essence, people will only barter to gain access to sites/things (offline) that are known to be "elite" or otherwise interesting enough to risk losing something to for the privilege. There's no need to trade to get something if just about anyone can get it. Demonoid is a good example.
    Again, this is a mindset brought on by traders.... hence your reference to the word "TRADE" in the later part of your statement..... you seem to think that everyone trades and makes a sites value based on it...

Well you are wrong.. if you care to take the time to browse through this site you'll see the great opposition to the trading folks that disproves your assumption that everyone trades... And this further supports the notion that trackers do not promote elitism ... maybe exclusivity but, not elitism.. this is your mindset and therefore YOU and others like YOU place the wrong values into the equation.. Meaning only high strung users and traders pick and choose which trackers to dub elite, and others just pick it up from there.. other than that elite and trackers don't go together plain and simple!!
    Last edited by jasperr; 04-25-2009 at 01:14 PM.
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Im sorry, but a torrent site is all abut sharing. "dont want 100.000 users"? So fucking what? Who cares what you want, share and share alike right? So lets limit the people who can share? Stupid.

This is whats wrong with the mentality nowadays, yes the leveling is part of the problem, but the bigger problem is trackers who think that are too special to have 100.000 members... news is, you arent. 100.000 is better than 5.000 any day sorry to say.

It's amazing how twisted your pov on this matter is. You seem to have this idea that it is trackers who want exclusivity. You're wrong. Most sites would love to have a larger member-base. They opened up the site to help the community share files, ffs, what the hell do you think they're looking for. It is circumstances such as those that sprouted the creation of this thread that force them into putting limitations on the size of the member-base in place, to try to limit the exposure of the site. This is done in order to reduce the potential risk to the staff and members of the site, not in order to promote any sort of exclusivity. The latter is an unfortunate, yet unavoidable product of these circumstances, not a goal by itself.

If you don't agree with these statements, I urge you to practice your beliefs and start a tracker of your own which will have 100K+ members. When you feel you're getting some heat from the authorities, tell them to screw themselves and just continue growing in the same ethos that helped the TPB grow to be one of the largest BT sites on the net. I'm sure you'll make a great cell buddy to the four of them.
    Gotta agree with that. Securitiy is where it's at. Not elitism (allthough there are some sad exceptions to this rule)
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post

Sorry, I dont have the talent or the skills to start a tracker.

oh, and its so funny how everyone here can be worked up by a drunk troll.
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well, you could have told us you were drunk...
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast