Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Release Candidate Leaked Online

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It just dawned on me what TW7S means .

Don't Download Windows 7 Interim Builds from Torrent Trackers Unless its marked TW7S . The Windows 7 Site
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-25-2009 at 05:31 AM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    You should never grab Win 7 from torrents...just grab from NG's..
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-25-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    [center]

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    There's shit on NG's too.

Anyways, I'm too lazy to go clickin' 'roun for another "RC" release. Takes forever to reinstall nvidia shyt + MCE schedule.

Someone come do it for me.

Oh wait...is there any difference between 7077 and the RC?
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 04-25-2009 at 04:23 PM.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    From what I'm reading at various sources, no, but it looks almost finished though..

A hot official copy of Windows 7 RC1 is on our desktop and we're poking around. But here are the three best new new things in Windows 7 Build 7100. This crazy background? Baked in.

Stream Your Library Over the Internet With Windows Media Player

This is hot—it'd be hotter if it was easier to set up. Windows Media Player's Remote Media Sharing will let you access your media library from anywhere over the internet. You need a Windows Live ID that you associate with your Windows 7 user account using a tool you have to download. (This could grow to include other "online identities," like Facebook I'm guessing, but I wouldn't hold your breath for your Gmail account.) You also need the same version of Windows Media Player running on both computers. After everything's all associamated, then your home library you wanna stream from should show up just like a local library under the "Other Libraries" section in the side navigation pane. Can't do this in iTunes, buddy.

Windows XP Mode

To encourage enterprise people to let loose and rock Windows 7, it runs a full-fledged Windows XP virtual environment using Microsoft's Virtual PC. It requires an additional download (booo), but you won't have to worry about your applications breaking like with Vista. Update: Paul Thurrott has more info and a huge walkthrough on XP Mode, including the crushing revelation it's gonna be free for Windows 7 Pro, Enterprise and Ultimate, not Home Premium, which is the version regular people are going to be running.

The Most Insane Default Backgrounds Ever

Look at these. Yes, these are just a handful of the ridiculously awesome backgrounds packed inside Windows 7. Some are the products of acid trips through a nightmare land of anime hell that I would never wish on anybody, and some are simply stunning. Just Wow..Okay, the backgrounds were in some of the builds between the Public Beta and the upcoming RC, but they weren't, you know, public.

Download Windows 7 Wallpapers

http://windows7-wallpaper.com/window...wallpaper.html

http://www.flickr.com/groups/gizmodopool/

Gizmodo
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-25-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [center]

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Hey SonsofLiberty, will the RC include a new sounds scheme?

hehehehe

Ok, seriously tho' some windows minimize/maximize and fade in/out effects would be neat.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Hey SonsofLiberty, will the RC include a new sounds scheme?

hehehehe

Ok, seriously tho' some windows minimize/maximize and fade in/out effects would be neat.
    Off course
    [center]

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I do like the wallpapers. Don't know if I will ever use them, but interesting to look at.

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Wow some major improvements from Vista/Beta builds.

Still waiting for an official rc

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    Remember that Microsoft page that said that a Windows 7 RC would be public available on May the 5th? Turns out it was dead on, as the Redmond-based company have written a blog post confirming it.

For those of you who are MSDN and TechNet subscribers, you can look forward to an April 30 release, but as mentioned, us mere mortals are stuck waiting a few extra days for it. The blog post also has some rather cool facts: at certain points during testing, bug reports and feedback were coming in every 15 seconds for a week flat. It goes to show that beta testers really do make a difference. They also state, "Many of your suggestions helped us refine the new and improved taskbar, the behavior of Aero Peek, Touch, Windows Media Player, and much more."

It's good that we finally have an official release date; now all that's left is to play the waiting game.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 04-26-2009 at 03:00 AM.
    [center]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast