Thread: Game Controllers

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    This should be the right section but anyway I have had this game contoller for a week now. It's plug and play so when I first plugged it in it worked then later on that day it wouldn't work anymore I tried and tried but nothing I think I might need to unistall the drivers or something I don't really know can someone me. Thanxs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    hey Gre1

try opening 'device manager' (control panel - system - hardware - device manager), find the device, it will probably have a yellow '?' on it, try right clicking on it and select properties - driver - 'roll back driver'

if this doesnt work for you, the next time you plug in the controller, if the system asks for drivers, direct it to C:\WINDOWS\INF

if it doesnt ask for drivers when you plug in, go back to 'device manager', right click on the device again, select 'update driver' and then direct it to C:\WINDOWS\INF

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Nope, still not working it has the drivers installed how do I uninstall and reinstall cause u lost me on that roll back driver tip.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    u lost me on that roll back driver
    right click on your 'my computer' icon, select 'properties' then click the 'hardware' tab then 'device manager'

*edited, pic subbed by host*

then you will see this, go to the game controller, it will probably have a yellow question mark on it like this

then right click on the device name, select 'properties' - driver tab and then hit 'roll back driver'

hope it works for you Gre1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    U have a updated OS then me that's why I still use Windows 98 I don't get those to features roll back and uninstall

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Gre1@23 September 2003 - 02:30
    U have a updated OS then me that's why I still use Windows 98 I don't get those to features roll back and uninstall
    sorry Gre1 i dont know much about '98

Nope, still not working it has the drivers installed how do I uninstall and reinstall
    i dont think you should have to uninstall if it's plug and play, as far as i know the C:\WINDOWS\INF folder might still work with '98 (i'm pretty sure it works on 2000/me - its where some of the standard input device drivers are kept)

hoepfully someone has more experience with '98 and can help you

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Just right click on the your controller in the device manager screen and then choose properties and select "remove". Then reinstall. I am just curious,but what controller is it?
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by johnboy27@23 September 2003 - 02:56
    Just right click on the your controller in the device manager screen and then choose properties and select "remove". Then reinstall. I am just curious,but what controller is it?

yep, you could try that as well Gre1 :-" :"> :-"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by johnboy27@22 September 2003 - 21:56
    That new Nyko Airflo controller

EDIT: By the way I did try that.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Before turning your computer on have the controller plugged in and it might work.

BTW pol what theme you got installed it looks very cool