Thread: Software To Queue Harddrive Transfers

hey guys,

google didn't return anything favourable. was wondering if anyone knew of any software out there that functions like a file transfer manager. i shift things around my numerous harddrives quite often. windows doesn't seem to have any system that queues these transfer jobs, instead of having them all run simultaneously, and that's no good because having multiple transfer tasks run at the same time slows each individual transfer in general.

this is only important to me because i transfer hundreds of gigabytes via usb and sata, and across different drives.

ps. if there was anythign that could start/stop file transfers between harddrives, without cancelling the the transfers. that'd be great too.

howe

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I've never thought of that before but it would be useful sometimes wouldn't it.
    The best would be if for every file you tried to move instead of transferring right away it said "Waiting for another transfer to finish" and say it's place in the queue, along with a "Transfer immediately" button.

I found this, which isn't really built into windows it's just a seperate program that transfers files and puts them into a queue, but seems to work fine: http://code.google.com/p/transfer-o-matic/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    The best would be if for every file you tried to move instead of transferring right away it said "Waiting for another transfer to finish" and say it's place in the queue, along with a "Transfer immediately" button.

I found this, which isn't really built into windows it's just a seperate program that transfers files and puts them into a queue, but seems to work fine: http://code.google.com/p/transfer-o-matic/
    hey thanks for the reply, have you by any chance tested that programme that you recommended?
    Last edited by athenaesword; 04-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post

hey thanks for the reply, have you by any chance tested that programme that you recommended?
    Yes. Not extensively.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post

Yes. Not extensively.
    thanks mate =]