Thread: Apache 2.0

Poster
    can anyone help me with apache or know of any website for apache help. if u can help me i have AIM and MSN messanger so we can talk and i can get this stupid peice of crap to work, lol

Live by the sword, Die by the sword.
    We all seek peace, but few of us will ever find it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    read the man pages that come with it. they are very good but can be confusing if you are unfamilir with the terminology. if you dont know what a word means look it up with google.

edit: here are a few guides in there, but i bet they are very similar to the man pages.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    i tried to read them but they are way too confusing for me and i cant get anybody to help me

also on the readme and help files loacted hereit doest tell me how to really use the program?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    sign up at 3dbuzz. if I remember correctly they have VTM's (video training modules) on using apache and php.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    o.k lets see are you using linux or windows to run this on. did your version come compiled or not.

have you read the helpful bits of information that the apache.conf file should contain.

this is the file you must edit to get it running properly. it is only a text file with lots of option to change. there is an explanation of each option before the actual code.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    im running windows and i downloaded the msi file and installed it thro that so all i have to do is read thru the conf file and it will properly run and also ill check 3dbuzz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by volskid2002@22 September 2003 - 22:12
    im running windows and i downloaded the msi file and installed it thro that so all i have to do is read thru the conf file and it will properly run and also ill check 3dbuzz
    Try using the sample or default conf file and just edit that to suit your needs. When editing the httpd.conf file there really isnt that much complication in it. It just takes a little patience.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tarzan's Avatar lore keeper
    try a program called Fireserv
    it installs apache and mysql and a few other files
    its an all in 1 install very handy and easy to use

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by tarzan@23 September 2003 - 01:02
    try a program called Fireserv
    it installs apache and mysql and a few other files
    its an all in 1 install very handy and easy to use
    I think you mean foxerv. No never mind, there is a program called fireserv. Its a copycat version of foxserv which has been out for years before fireserv.

http://foxserv.net/portal.php

Development has been slow but overall its a great program for windows users who want to run apache, mysql, and php all in one bundle. Your almost certainly not going to have any problems if you use foxserv.

Although I have always been a firm believer that apache web server was and always will be meant for linux.