Thread: Monitor has flashing pixels

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

Unsure

I woke up this morning and noticed that my monitor had some flashing pixels. They don't seem to be consistent though. I first noticed them on my dexktop background which is a dark blue. They flashed white and then back very rapidly. I opened up mspaint, painted the canvas black and placed it in front of the flashing pixels and the flashing stopped. When I went to newegg.com, their flash banner was flashing in some spots, but when the banner changed it started flashing in completely different spots. Below is a screen capture I made of the newegg banner.

http://securechat.atbhost.net

I made sure that all of my cables were securely attached, I reinserted the vid card, checked the temperature (vid core is running at 43c), tried reducing the core clock and I plugged the monitor into the secondary output port. Nothing has worked.

So, any ideas?

EDIT* I hooked up another pc to the monitor and it doesn't flash, so it's not the monitor.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 04-27-2009 at 08:33 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    orphess's Avatar Member
    What type of cable are you using? Is it a DVI- or VGA connection?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    My suggestion would be to check the connection between the monitor and the card for dust or even any corrosion. What monitor/Vid card? and as Orphess said DVI/VGA/HDMI connection is it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    k, I checked the dvi cable and it didn't look corroded. I wire brushed it to a sparkle, and no more speckles! Thanks a heap Detale!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Glad it worked man.