Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Problems with server.lu

Quote Originally Posted by solaris View Post
    nice they have windows server 2008 available now
    Problem is that the Web-edition is quite expensive and the normal editions even more so while some other companies offer Web for free. Might have a look into it to see if companies accept my own license for Server2008; I absolutely love that OS but not that much to shell out 20 or 30 bucks a month for it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Poster
    anywayz using windows on a seedbox is big no no!

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarH View Post
    anywayz using windows on a seedbox is big no no!
    Because? Judging by your extensive arguments, you certainly seem to be MCITP at least so there must be some truth in not using Windows on a seedbox? Or are you possibly confused by the age-old limitations that were put into place on the tcpip.sys on XP pre-SP2 and it's bigger brother Server2003 Web?

Well, a machine running the specs of a DS4000 @ Server.lu can most definitely handle Server2008Web or Server2008Standard as an OS and perform just as good, in throughput and caching, as a rivalling Linux-OS. Plus it seems more suited for a number of people on these forums since these people seem to have very little knowledge concerning Linux.

Your truly,
    TransFormer
    MCITP: Server Administrator / MCITP: Enterprise Administrator / MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator / MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Database Administration

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Poster
    OK mr bigshot if u wanna use windows on a seedbox thats fine by me!
    but in my experience linux performs better, uses less resources AND is free..

and there are enough guides on teh interwebz for people who dont have any linux experience

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Have problem to get any contact with Server.lu. I was sendning a mail 1 week ago but have't recived any answer.

If any one here represent server.lu, please contact me via PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlivver View Post
    Have problem to get any contact with Server.lu. I was sendning a mail 1 week ago but have't recived any answer.

If any one here represent server.lu, please contact me via PM.
    They usually take a while to get back to you, sometimes its within a few hours but mostly its a few days. If you don't get a reply within a day or 2 then start a new ticket.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    The problem is that i can't login and my e-mail adress seams to be gone from the database.
    I have paid the server (setup fee + one month = $ 98) but have not accessed it yet seans i can't login anymore...

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Dunno where you live, but they do have a phone-number listed on their site as well. I know, old-fashioned, a phone number but that might take justa few minutes as opposed of waiting for a week for a mail to be replied

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlivver View Post
    The problem is that i can't login and my e-mail adress seams to be gone from the database.
    I have paid the server (setup fee + one month = $ 98) but have not accessed it yet seans i can't login anymore...
    remember you have to login with your customer number so make sure your not accidentally trying to log in with your email.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    yea, i'm using my customer-number. But I can still not login...

And they don't answer my emails.
    Last edited by Zlivver; 05-18-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011