Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with server.lu

When you go through the order process, it says to wait for an email with pmt instructions, which never comes. My friend went ahead and paid for his like 10 days ago. Still no word.
    I put in a support ticket Friday night about his order and my own. No response at all. I think the only way I was able to get a box from them was to take it over from someone else. Wish I knew someone getting rid of one again lol.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Well my box got delivered... so I'm no longer waiting, however my ticket remains open and no response to email... not that it matters anymore, but don't expect a quick response from them lol.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    can i have yours? :p

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    anyway im getting a OVH SuperPlan Mini since its only a couple euros more than the DS2000 but with a better cpu and 2x500gb hdd's...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    I've ordered a DS2000, sent 3 tickets and 2 emails before I got a reply to say they will set it up either tonight or 2moro morning. From the 2 emails and 3 tickets, only one response and it didn't answer my other questions, just told me ETA. I wish they would read the other tickets and reply.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    darknforce's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    My email was also not reply yet i think they got problems will mail servers or already had enough customer.

Only once reply buy support the rest was ignored.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Seedbox Provider
    Quit emailing them and they won't be bogged down by requests Only email if you have a legit issue, not "where's my server" emails that just flood the system. You'll end up getting the server before you get a reply probably. (Says the guy who just had a colleague submit a NEW ticket for something already being discussed in an ongoing ticket! lol dufus people are dufus')
    Last edited by Six66Mike; 04-29-2009 at 12:33 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster
    Actually I don't understand your concerns...

NOBODY is waiting 2 weeks for a server, so stop claiming things like that. If you ordered something without getting a confirmation link and you felt like paying, then you did not follow the process and we have no real trace.

I just want people to put things right.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Six66Mike View Post
    Quit emailing them and they won't be bogged down by requests Only email if you have a legit issue, not "where's my server" emails that just flood the system. You'll end up getting the server before you get a reply probably. (Says the guy who just had a colleague submit a NEW ticket for something already being discussed in an ongoing ticket! lol dufus people are dufus')
    Well, if they don't want to get tickets about servers they should give a tentative delivery date when they get the order.

From their FAQ:

# How fast can you deliver?

[...]
    Sometimes it can happen that we receive more orders than we have spare hardware available. Unfortunately this is something we cannot control but we try hard to deliver on the same day that you have ordered.

Everybody can understand that delivery on the same day is not always possible. But from the wording, one'd think that if they don't deliver the same day they'll deliver the next day, not the next week or two weeks after.

Also, slow server delivery shouldn't mean slow (or plain nonexistent) ticket reply.

Except if you order a server for you and your pals, businesses depend on their suppliers. A delayed delivery of say, 5 servers, may mean 20 lost customers. So it's a big deal.

Now, don't take me wrong. Their servers are great. Not so sure about all the infraestructure because last week one my servers was rebooted due to a power loss, but all in all, server.lu pricing is good considering what they give. We have several seedboxes with them and they will remain one of our suppliers - however, right now, we can't rely on them. Whenever our seedboxes get full (and this happen often), we need to go to other suppliers to meet our demand.

We have a pending order with server.lu, and these servers will probably remain unused for a few days, since we are adding our new users to server.lu's competition.

Xirvik

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster
    I'm now going to tell something I should probably not tell, but:

Every second ticket is a "When will I get my server?". We are not going to respond to that any longer, because it takes a lot of time.

BUT...

We are currently implementing an ETA feature in the control panel, where you will see WHEN your server is expected to be released (with no real guarantee, but more sort of a guideline).

We are currently selling 10 times more servers per day thatn 6 months ago, so YES, it has become a real challenge to keep up, especially with our suppliers who are having a hard time with us :-)

@xirvik: power loss? I'm not aware of that.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast