Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Sucks!

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Rich Gannon enjoys a little grass between plays. While unconcious.
    wusss

now ice hockey is fun for the whole family. but you cant watch it on the telly its like looking for the invisible puck.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    theres a puck? i thought they just go in circles and fight

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by masta.z+23 September 2003 - 21:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (masta.z @ 23 September 2003 - 21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@23 September 2003 - 22:17
    <!--QuoteBegin-Proper Bo
    @ I tell thee,23 September 2003 - 18:40
    busyman, you sir, are an ignorant tit

an ignorant tit, uhhh thanks, I&#39;m from America and if that&#39;s an insult I&#39;m glad to be a tit than a dick
    Oh Proper Hoe you must come harder than that.

I did (in your mom)

just joshin&#39;
    you sire, are what we like to call an uninformed ignoramus, there are many golfers as good, and better than Tiger Woods as it&#39;s takes more than being able to hit the ball over 300yds to be good at golf,
    secondly, american "football" (which they use their hands in ) ARE wimps, they wear tons of padding, and run as fast as they can cos their scared of gettin tackled
    and lastly, in real football they score goals, not points [/b][/quote]
    There are golfers better than Tiger but he had one of the best runs in golf history.
    He smashed at the Masters by I think 18 strokes and single handedly woke folks up to golf that paid it no mind (like myself).

And yes dipshit in football they are &#39;scared&#39; of being tackled. The purpose is to NOT be tackled or injured. That&#39;s like telling a boxer to NOT duck.

Points, goals, big fucking deal.
    In basketball every shot made from the field is a field goal but there also foul shots.
    It&#39;s all points in my book. 1 to 0

You are now the mastaoflickingballsatoz ignoramus
    Go play cricket, rugby, and football or maybe not mastageekonthecomputer

By the way does anyone from America (old enough) remember LT tackling Joe Theisman and breaking his leg. That shit bent backwards
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by TheDave@23 September 2003 - 22:35
    theres a puck? i thought they just go in circles and fight
    In the US they highlight the puck on TV
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #45
    If soccer sucks, explain me this:

While Pele was playing for Santos in the late 1960&#39;s, his team went to Nigeria to play a few friendly matches. The ongoing civil war in the country stopped just to see him play, and it continued again after his visit.

Care to mention another sport capable of this?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    As I said, a great player can change it all:

Tiger Woods in golf- Most black folks couldn&#39;t give 2 shit about golf. But when a black man (or a black looking man) started whipping ass guess who started watching. And not just blacks but people in general who oblivious to golf.

Michael Jordan in basketball- All countries know about Michael Jordan. I hated basketball when I was younger until I saw him. Now I play basketball at least 3 times a week.

I&#39;ve seen footage of Pele and he was amazing but......after seeing that I&#39;ve also watched some soccer games and was bored to tears.

I am a typical American in that I like scoring. Pele scored. I don&#39;t want to watch an arm wrestle for 30 minutes before someone gets put down. It wasn&#39;t your sport that stop the civil war; it was a great player playing your sport.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #47
    I saw LT break Theisman&#39;s leg on TV as it happened, I was reminded of Sesame Street oddly enough.

You know, "which one of these things doesn&#39;t belong?" Answer: A leg bent in that direction.

Interesting note:

Growing up his name was prounced "Thees-man", he changed the pronunciation to rhyme with Heisman (trophy) in college. Playing a little game of psychology.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by hobbes+23 September 2003 - 21:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 23 September 2003 - 21:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@23 September 2003 - 19:48
    hear hear. American football is a version of rugby for wimps&#33;
    American football without pads and helmets wouldn&#39;t last long. These men are 250 lbs moving at sprinters speed.
    Imagine running at full speed across an open field, another player is running right at you full out, usually about 30 pounds heavier. The ball is coming at the midpoint. Your job is to put that guy out of your head and catch the ball. His job is to plant, leap and level you. Those guys are men.
    It is the speed which separates the 2 sports. To compare the two as equal in regard to contact is naive.

. [/b][/quote]
    Would&#39;nt last long?

Then i recommend you watch Australian rules football
    One or two might have head padding but thats about it besides the mouth guards.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    BANNED
    I think Busyman is just having you lot on ...

And yes dipshit in football they are &#39;scared&#39; of being tackled. The purpose is to NOT be tackled or injured. That&#39;s like telling a boxer to NOT duck.

Points, goals, big fucking deal.
    In basketball every shot made from the field is a field goal but there also foul shots.
    It&#39;s all points in my book. 1 to 0

You are now the mastaoflickingballsatoz ignoramus
    Go play cricket, rugby, and football or maybe not mastageekonthecomputer

.... surely no-one is this ignorant?

EDIT: PS. I remember a few years back, Queensland and New South Wales played a State or Origin game in the States somewhere, more than 60,000 people watched. After the match they interviewed Americans coming out of the ground, and asked them what they thought of the game. The overwhelming response was disbelief at the pace of the game, and the fact that the action was non-stop. Most people commented on the lack of padding. The best remark, however, came from a guy who said it made Gridiron look like a John Denver concert&#33;

BTW, the game was Rugby League, Queensland and New South Wales are states of Australia. (Yes, we have them too&#33

10. Lounge   -   #50
    what do the yanks know about Football,oh let me think the only country that can have a world series with no other country&#39;s.the idea of guy&#39;s wearing all the padding in a game traditionaly called Rugby, Baseball,Called Rounders.Do not say anything about our national sport when you know nothing about it.up the Blades

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast