Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Test My Connection Speed?

First delete cookies temp files defrag, blah blah, if that does not help then...

Is just your browser running slowly, not all programs? What OS are you using, is it ME or higher?
    If the answer is yes to both of those, than check what version of IE you are using. (assuming using IE, since you did not say) to Check version: Help - about IE.

If it says 6.0 and updated version's is SP1 go to control panel - add remove programs - Microsft internet explorer 6 SP1 and internet tools - remove - repair.

If that is not there than if you are using XP you can get it back but it is not worth it, just clean cookies and check all other browser settings.

If it is not IE 6.0 SP1, go to microsoft.com and download it, then see if it is better, if not run the repair mentioned above.

If using 98 make sure that you meet requirments for service pack - very low but make sure. Actually I think that it is only likea 486 and 16MB of Ram, then do the above mentioned.

If you think that it is your connection - do not rely on speedtests, very inacurate. If you think that it is your connection, well first off how are downloads like on k-lite or any other things that you use. (not internet explorer)

To check if it is your connection check for packet loss, to check for packet loss run a trace route.

start-run- CMD (command in 9.x or mellenium) - tracert -d www.google.com
    Look for timeout's (*=timout) more than a couple call your ISP. Response times should be low aswell, over 60ms is kinda high. Depends on connection though.
    EDIT: Why is this in other p2p?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Thank you I do use xp and even though I could'nt find repair re-installing 6.0 helped and now speeds are good... sorry for the placement of this. I should have paced it in another place i know... thank you again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12