Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avi To Dvd

Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by caton77@25 September 2003 - 03:37
    [

Gre1 reply was

The max from what I know a dvd-r is 4.xxx gigs I don't know the exact size.
    Do u just reply with any answer?? or can u not read the question??

Fyi i tried again with a 31GB of free space on my hard disk drive and then it tell me it cannot transcode the film

Any suggestions peps
    [/quote]
    I appreciated if u tone that down a bit like I said from what I know most dvd-r I see are about 4.xxx gigs so if u have a better answer just say it and don't talk all that nonsense to me cause u can't encode the movie thank u.

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    Here's another way to do things.

The software that you will need:
    VirtualDub
    TMPGEnc with MPEG2 support(get plus off Kazaa)
    TMPGEnc DVD Author
    Be Sweet(Optional if ya want Dolby 5.1 sound)

First thing's first, check your AVI for errors and glitches with VirtualDub as stated earlier.

Next step now is to open TMPGEnc with MPEG2 support and click on NTSC(USA/Canada) or PAL(Europe) and any option you wish (For best viewable video, choose 16:9).

Click NEXT and open the video file.

Now you can mess around with the movie some by changing the bitrate the movie runs at, source ranges and so on. Nothing too important here. If you want, you can go to Audio, turn it into MPEG Layer 1 audio and then click on NEXT.

Here TMPGEnc has already set the bitrate for the maximum space of a DVDr.

From here click NEXT and save the files.

Once the film is done, open TMPGEnc DVD Author.

Open up the film and the sound file.

Make yourself a main title page if you want, go nuts!

Then simply finish it off by following the instructions and convert it.

Once converted, you can use DVD Author to burn the DVD for you.

There you have it. A simple way to do things.

Now if you wanted Doly Digital 5.1 sound, when you had the video and sound files split from the AVI, you could run the wav through Be Sweet and convert it to DD5.1

Enjoy.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Poster
    I am still trying the Sonic way. I tried to open the AVI Video in VirtualDub and i get this error message. "VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 54455 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 136.7 +- 24.9 kbps)" should i decompress and do the rest of the things it says coz i have no clue about wot they r on about.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123