Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Offical Trailer (New)

dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    I hope this doesnt flop, this was one of my favorite cartoons i even had the action figures.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Actually G.I. Joe was an action figure long before they made the cartoons.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    (Well confirmed) rumor has it that Stallone learned everything he knows about acting from G.I. Joe.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Very true....They where some big toys to.
    But I think the movie will be bad.
    Stephen summers just can't cut it.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    And neither can Stephen Sommers

Actually Deep Rising was almost interesting and The Mummy was passable but there is an vast difference between what Mr Sommers thinks are good FX and what actually are .
    I mean his skill with that sort of thing is so bad I honestly don't know if he is intentionally going for camp or not.

Van Helsing was seriously one of the least enjoyable monster movies that I have ever seen.It was a failure of expectations on so many levels and on such a massive scale.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Well, it's not like they had a lot of backstory to work with.
    There are years and years of comics to fall back on, on top of the cartoons, and the flavour texts for the toys. Granted, most of it reads like some sort of soap opera, but there is a lot.

Some of the casting choices make me wonder, though. Damon Wayans as Ripcord, wtf.

-> failed comedian.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    They have tons to fall back on, GI Joe was my favorite, and had a shit ton of the toys, and I agree with the cast, where's the "real" Cobra Commander?
    [center]

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    A number of sites today are pushing forward the story that G.I. Joe director Stephen Sommers has been locked out of the film’s editing room, based on a post from film producer Don Murphy’s message board (now removed). The story is picking up steam, in part thanks to vaguely corroborative posts . Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done to amp up the action and excitement factors and possibly just to make the thing watchable.

The condensed version goes like this: A disastrous test screening led production exec Brad Weston to push for Sommers’ firing. Stuart Baird was brought in to rework the edit, while producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was also let go from the project. (di Bonaventura getting the boot seems unlikely.) There’s a lot of talk in the post about how di Bonaventura and Sommers didn’t know anything about ‘the mythology’ and how that led (somehow) to the ruin of the film. The issue doesn’t seem to be that the movie is bad by GI Joe standards, but by any standard. Jeff Wells quotes an unnamed source that says Sommers “was given total freedom but he melted down and has made the biggest bomb in many a moon.”

Who would have believed that the director of Van Helsing could make a bad movie?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-12-2009 at 04:51 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Nice trailer, there's a lot of action movies lately, i don't think all of them are going to have a second part... i still can't believe how people would rather see Night at the Museum than Terminator 4.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Because parents are constantly on the lookout for something that they can take their kids to.(Fanboys think that they drive the box office but nothing could be further from the truth).

That and people's memories are short. Few dating age people ( the core group to see a movie like this) were even alive when The Terminator first came out and most were barely cognizant when Judgment Day premiered so those names mean nothing to them.

A Night at the Museum was a fairly good movie and the current crop of movie goers are familiar with the brand so they would rather take a chance on it rather than a sequel to the only Terminator movie that they know, the atrocious Terminator 3 .

Besides T4 sucks more ways than Paris Hilton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast