Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The.Dark.Knight.2008.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR

rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Most likely it was uploaded by someone who used Astraweb and not another provider this is why Astra complied with the DMCA takedown. Giganews does and has done the same in the past, they have to in order to comply with the law.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 05-05-2009 at 12:03 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It will download parts of it, so it's incomplete, but that could also be due to bad propagation too, not just them removing it, I'm not getting 430 error, it's trying to download parts of it.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    It will download parts of it, so it's incomplete, but that could also be due to bad propagation too, not just them removing it, I'm not getting 430 error, it's trying to download parts of it.
    Ahhhh, I see. Well most likely that is like you say just bad propagation. Like others I had similar issues with X-men and just assumed they got a takedown because I noticed in SABnzbd that the full article header showed it was uploaded VIA Astra. But have not tried the Dark Knight being referred to here.

EDIT:
    This is the error I am getting:
    Article: [email protected], bytes=394033, partnum=120, art_id=None> => missing from all servers, discarding

Same for all parts
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 05-05-2009 at 12:14 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    NL downloads at least trys, don't know how much is actually there if any, did the NFO's and NZB's down fine?

I was wrong, I looked into NL's download log and see it is a 430, no such article, so it has been removed. That is very odd, that's the first one I've ever encountered, but Astra did remove my Xbox360 AIo falshing kits though or someone did from that group

But if I remember right, in Newsbin pro, it gave me the option of "deleting the post" from the 'server', is that right? Anybody use NB Pro, and could that also be a 'cause?

Edit, Edit, and Edit: Also, this would mean my SS searches shwoing complete are showing GN's (to an extent) indexed, but then again, GN could have it pulled to, like I said in SS it shows complete as well on search engines. Edit done
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 05-05-2009 at 01:17 AM.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    The only part that came through for me was the .sfv file. Indeed it has been pulled from astraweb. This is only the second one I have come across, first one was X-men workprint. But they have to pull it if they are served with a take down notice. I remember reading comments on Newzbin awhile ago when I had giganews that giga was removing some TV shows, some completely others just enough so Par files could not repair it. So they all do it, they have to or they would face serious lawsuits/shutdown.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    I've had one TV show I couldn't get, it was Reaper S2E1, and a few other user and we were all with Astraweb, everyone else got it though...so it really is hit and miss, I tried a few other dark knight releases and there still there.
    [center]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12