Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folder View Problem In Xp

OK, Running Windows XP Pro SP1 Intergrated.

I got the folder view set to "Tiles" and in 'My Music' folder I got it set to list, so I can fit more albums on the screan. Problem is that when I set the view to 'list' once I leave that folder and then go back to it, it has reset it's self to "Tiles" again. This is really anoying as I got loads of albums, (Albums = Folders) on mt 1280x1024 Res screan.

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?
    Or a program?

PS, I have got it set in Tools>Folder Options.."Remember folder view" so it can't be that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    That's been happening to me forever, it drove me crazy! I finally just gave up and set all folders to a detailed list view. Actually, I've grown to like it better that way.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I got it on 'List' on here (Win98) but its faster as this is a slow PC. But my 2.4Ghz should deserve better.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Forum Star
    i'm not totally sure about this Wizzandabe - but i think it might have something todo with 'window washer' or similar progs. i think they can wipe your folder prefs files

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    Originally posted by pol@23 September 2003 - 16:25
    i'm not totally sure about this Wizzandabe - but i think it might have something todo with 'window washer' or similar progs. i think they can wipe your folder prefs files
    You may be right. Window Washer did that with my Winamp settings, drove me nuts till I finally realized it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I just installed,
    • Ad-Aware
    • System Maninaintance (Like Windows Washer, but with everything you can think of.)

Seeing as you said that, and I installed it yesterday, and I only noticed it today, it got to be that.

I'll give it a go, and see.

Thanks,

PS, oh' and called me Wizz.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Forum Star
    PS, oh' and called me Wizz.
    no worries Wizz, hope it works

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    PAiNKiLLER
    Go to CONTROL PANEL then FOLDER OPTIONS then click VIEW and then unmark DO NOT CACHE THUMBNAILS. I hope that will fix your problem...

Image Resized

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    with Tweak UI you can change the number of folders that windows will remember the view settings for.
    by default it's set to (I think) 200.

Change it to whatever you like.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@23 September 2003 - 15:19
    OK, Running Windows XP Pro SP1 Intergrated.

I got the folder view set to "Tiles" and in 'My Music' folder I got it set to list, so I can fit more albums on the screan. Problem is that when I set the view to 'list' once I leave that folder and then go back to it, it has reset it's self to "Tiles" again. This is really anoying as I got loads of albums, (Albums = Folders) on mt 1280x1024 Res screan.

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?
    Or a program?

PS, I have got it set in Tools>Folder Options.."Remember folder view" so it can't be that.
    There is a option under folder view options that says "remember each folder view's settings"

Try selcting that and it should fix it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast