Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Folder View Problem In Xp

skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Hey wizz, I just formatted my puter and experienced the same thing here.
    The only fix I have found so far....when you open a folder and you change it's view settings then open tools--folder options, then on the screen just click ok.

Seems I have to do this on each folder that I open.

It must be system mech. pro that is the culprit as it is the only app that I have installed.

hope this helps,
    Steve

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    no its not system mechanic pro cause i have that installed and ive not got any problems with folder view settings buddy

edit : and ive just done a full reinstall

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Skank@24 September 2003 - 07:11
    no its not system mechanic pro cause i have that installed and ive not got any problems with folder view settings buddy

edit : and ive just done a full reinstall
    Just having it installed may not cause the problem.
    Have you ran through all the options,cleaning and fixing solutions.
    I just did a fresh format/install; installed sp1 and all updates...played with puter and all seemed fine. Then installed sys. mech. pro. and played with it and thats when I noticed the annoying folder view problem also.
    BTW, no one told me that you were my buddy and everyones PC is different.
    And this full install of your OS is what??
    We are trying to resolve a problem here and I dont need to here crap from a mr./mrs. Iolo lover.

Later,
    Steve

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    why did u play with it after a full reinstall?..thats were u fucked up obviously..computers are dicey things at the best of times and not to be treated with disrespect..."playing" with your latest software addition is not the wisest thing to be doing..ive been using system mechanic for a while now with windows XP pro mate..and im no newbie to operating systems

as for this comment (We are trying to resolve a problem here and I dont need to here crap from a mr./mrs. Iolo lover.) ...if you dont like what i have too say just close ya eyes then u wont have too read it...probably fix ya problem with system mechanic..lol

why does everyone blame software for there problems?..why cant people take responsibility for there own mistakes..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    why does everyone blame software for there problems?..why cant people take responsibility for there own mistakes..
    OK, very simple here mr expert.....

1. everything was fine.
    2. installed/ran "1" piece of software.
    3. checked system out as I always do between installing apps and noticed the problem.

why did u play with it after a full reinstall?..thats were u fucked up obviously..computers are dicey things at the best of times and not to be treated with disrespect..."playing"
    It's my pc and I can 'play' with any software that "I" like.

If I want to get serious with my pc I use DOS!!

I dont need any 'point and click/graphics' to operate my pc....do you?

..ive been using system mechanic for a while now with windows XP pro
    I have been using it also, think its up to 3.7i now, but we are talking about the newer pro 4.0 version.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Yeah yeah wot ever...why do people like u try and turn everything into a pissing contest?..

take into account that any settings u change in explorer will be over-ridden if u say, change settings in the folder options..

why dont we test your theory then..un-install sys mechanic and i bet your still stuck with your problem

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    ok if u played around with "tweak windows settings" located under "optimise tab...that will cause some conflicts with settings all ready in use..
    ya like little kids some of you..gotta play with everything..IF IT AINT BROKE DONT MESS WITH IT

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Yeah yeah wot ever...why do people like u try and turn everything into a pissing contest?..
    Because:

2 people with a similar problem are looking for an answer and all you say is...
    "no its not system mechanic pro cause i have that installed and ive not got any problems"

I don't care if you don't have any problems....you also shouldn't reply if you don't have any solutions either.

Later,
    Steve

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Put ya money where ya mouth is then mate...uninstall it and see what happens...

I seeded system mechanic pro 4 to the other guy(wizz) with the problem ,through bit-torrent ..hes a good mate and i wouldnt of recommended it to him if it causes fuck ups like this

for the record i seeded(uploaded it through our private BT forum) to maybe 15 people and ive heard no complaints about it except u and wizz...so u can put ya stats in the recycle bin cause they dont mean jack to me

Edit..your the guy who uninstalled messenger and then nortons wouldnt scan the recieved files right?.is this after or before your reinstall?...see your always playing with shit you know nothing about...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Put ya money where ya mouth is then mate...uninstall it and see what happens...
    I have already resovled the issue, can you not comprehend?

I seeded; i seeded
    Who cares.

u can put ya stats in the recycle bin cause they dont mean jack to me
    NO......'YOU' dont mean jack to 'me'!!

Edit..your the guy who uninstalled messenger and then nortons wouldnt do something right?....see your always playing with shit you know nothing about...
    Once again.....It's mine and I can 'play' with it if I want and when I post I only look for people with 'answers' that may have encounter simular problems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast