Thread: revTT staff help please

flaVius's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    My friend just IMed that he was banned for ratio cheat from revTT. Everything he knows about bitTorrents he learned from me, beyond that he knows very little. Serisouly, his PC knowledge is minimal. To prove the point it took him an hour just to figure out how to get on IRC to talk to the staff there. He emailed me the IRC chat, its funny to me because hes clueless but I guess the staff didnt pick up on that and banned him for not linking them to a speedtest. Im still working with him right now trying to figure out the problem with his connection. I got his speedtest results and they are way too high, Im not sure why. I used to have the same service as him and my upload speed was about 120kb/s hes getting ridiculous speeds around 2.5mb/s upload on the speedtest. The only thing i can come up with is he said he downloaded and installed "speed connect internet accelerator v7.5". I got him to uninstall it but hes still getting the same elevated speeds.

Here is a link to his speedtest
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/467435881.png

I would like to figure out whats wrong with his connection so he doesnt get banned from other sites but i would also like to get him back on revTT. He was a good user on there, I know he donated as well.

So he has another PC and I got him to run speedtest on it. Getting elevated speeds on that too, his results are actually all over the place, the only thing they are consistent on is being too high. Could this be something to do with his ISP?
    Last edited by flaVius; 05-06-2009 at 07:03 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    tippertime's Avatar Your E-Stalker BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    well first off, you are confusing megabits with megabytes

with that speed test he should be uploading at around 120kb/s

what was his user name? I might be able to get it sorted out

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Could this be something to do with his ISP?
    I dont think so ...
    if some tracker banning members for isp/ip(which country) this is bullshit...(You cant know what's my real speed exactly)
    Many ppl using seedbox services only with webgui(a few torrent slots) they dont have acces to desktop...and i am pretty sure this download/upload ip is not logining to tracker...
    be sure your friend didnt share his passkey with someone or didnt do something terrible as you know ppl learning cheating with youtube videos as well...
    And main banned reason is something magical with cheatting tools and dont forget if someone not downloading something you cant upload its...
    Now tracker coders is really doing well their jobs and i am afraid to said i never saw an account re-opened with banned only for cheating(meaning banned by system/script)...
    And if someone would re-active members account this tracker is just piece of shit with crap script...Unless the tracker dont have shit mods (which banning members only with doubt)lulz...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Send a PM to one of the RevTT Staff members.I'm sure that you'll get an answer.Find them in the Staff members here topic.GL.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    flaVius's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I dont see any revTT staff listed on the list.