Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aim (aol Instant Messenger)

I've been on very good terms wit it but now im getting pissed. THe one thing i hate the most is the damn limit on the profile. Any way to over come it?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Dont use it.

Thats a sure solution to your problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Lol see i thought of that too but guess what. NO ONE IN MY SKOOL USES ANY OTHER PROG EXCEPT AIM !?!?!? Nubbers

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    WINDOWS XP ONLY

Go to MY computer

Go to hard drive where AIM is installed

Go to Documents and Settings

Go to your username (Has to be one where you use your AIM on or it won't work)

Go to Application and Data*

Go to AIM

Go to your screen name

Edit the file "info.htm" file

within <body></body> is the area you put your text. You have no limit. Enjoy&#33;

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    yes. AIM is poo.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    AIM was built by saten himself, and gaven to those who follow but dont know there under the influence. Beat that demon and send him on its way.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by The Kiler@24 September 2003 - 02:37
    WINDOWS XP ONLY

Go to MY computer

Go to hard drive where AIM is installed

Go to Documents and Settings

Go to your username (Has to be one where you use your AIM on or it won&#39;t work)

Go to Application and Data*

Go to AIM

Go to your screen name

Edit the file "info.htm" file

within <body></body> is the area you put your text. You have no limit. Enjoy&#33;

AIM was built by saten himself, and gaven to those who follow but dont know there under the influence. Beat that demon and send him on its way.
    WOW THANKS

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    and for other OS&#39;s, go to c:&#092;windows&#092;application data&#092;aim&#092;<screen name> and info is in there

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I think I tried using that info thing once and it still cut my info off. I&#39;m not sure though rely back some information for me squirrel.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Yes, it still cuts it off. I believe the limit is 1024 characters. The great part is... the built-in profile editor puts in so much extra crap, so if you know basic HTML (we&#39;re talking real basic here, with it&#39;s arms and legs cut off), you can eliminate most of the fluff.

But, when I was using AIM, the trick I used to get more out of my profile was to put a link to page I had hosted on some free webspace.

Code:
    &#60;a href=&#34;http&#58;//www.host.com/aim/aboutme.html&#34; target=&#34;_self&#34;&#62;About Me&#60;/a&#62;
    Don&#39;t forget the target="_self", or else it will just fire up your default browser. The best part of this is that you can use server-side scripting languages, like PHP, as the link target. Using this method, a little PHP script that I wrote, and a Winamp plugin, I was able to create a list of the most recent MP3s I had listened to, which was accessable through my AIM profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast