View Poll Results: Are you afraid to take chances with people?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 64.71%
  • No

24 35.29%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you afraid to take chances with people?

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I never understood why tracker staff look at a pruned account as failure. There can be so many different reasons for that happening. Other interests show up in real life. You lose interest. No proper internet for a while. And many other reasons.
    They should extend the pruning limit time to at least 3 months
    I really don't see why they should ever be pruned. Forced activity is what pruning does. But that's a whole other matter.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 05-09-2009 at 06:17 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It is 3 months, if you park your account, and 2 months if you dont.

Whats the point of joining in the first place if you are never going to visit, and get pruned anyway.

I do realise that some trackers are not for everyone, so shit happens, but from the 100`s I have got in from here, to be left with about 20 is pretty shit lol and these are peole that wanted an account, done good posts to get in etc etc. not someone i just dragged from the street and said, come in have a look, they wanted it, and never used it.

Forced activity??

No its not, its just login and thats it.

that is how many members we have had since Dec 2006, we have 29,000 left, thats why we prune, whats the point in keeping 330,000 members if they dont want to be here.
    Last edited by stoi; 05-09-2009 at 06:30 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i didnt know bcg gave you 2 months. that seems fair.
    some other trackers only give you about 4 weeks.
    The reason I said they should extend it, is because sometimes you either forget or you're too busy with stuff in life to even think about torrenting

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    We have even made members Uploaders/Vips before if they knew they were going away for more than 3 months, as those dont get pruned.

We have had a few soldiers going to Iraq and Afghanistan, if they tell us we will accomodate them the best we can.

Those are the ones that care a bit about their accounts, so i will help them, its the ones that dont give a toss that we prune, even if you loose your net, you should be able to contact us.

We do help/do our part, if the members cant be arsed to tell us, then sorry, but not much more that we can do IMHO.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    We have even made members Uploaders/Vips before if they knew they were going away for more than 3 months, as those dont get pruned.

We have had a few soldiers going to Iraq and Afghanistan, if they tell us we will accomodate them the best we can.

Those are the ones that care a bit about their accounts, so i will help them, its the ones that dont give a toss that we prune, even if you loose your net, you should be able to contact us.

We do help/do our part, if the members cant be arsed to tell us, then sorry, but not much more that we can do IMHO.
    You are freaking the best in all bt world mate. Seriously no ass licking but a freaking fact. I actually kinda admire you and how you handle certain problems. And the way you communicate with both users and non users is just AWESOME!.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Stoi has always had his head on straight and is a great example of what this BT community needs. Just my humble opinion.
    And no, I'm not kissin ass to get in Blackcats...I'm already a member.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    it's great to see old schoolers like TheFox and Stoi replying at this thread, as it immediately adds another dimension to its whole purpose and meaning.
    I'm proudly a member of both their sites, and it's easy to see there's ... something else there, which is always a reflection of their own attitudes towards filesharing, e-communities and most of all, a sense of respect long gone in these places.

after this little off topic, i must say i have invited people from here to some sites, and only once one of them let me down, though his account was disabled for inactivity, as later i found out.
    this, if we forget about that notorious friendship scammer that was Dunson, which tricked me and several other great people like Funkin, and gained our confidence; and F.B.I. aka I'm Hot, which is a CosaNostra staffer and is a steaming pile of shit.
    It's not that i invite people often to trackers, as in all honesty i can't just look at a newb i haven't seen giving his own opinions and all of the suddenly invite him to those "dream" places.
    what i value the most is each person's past history of voicing their opinions, their disagreements, their approvals, etc etc. It's what i think can bind me to sympathize with someone, and promptly fulfilling his requests.
    heck, one of the person i invited to some places was someone i disagreed a couple of times, but kept his manners and we discussed it in a civilized way.

So, in a general manner, after quite some time at this place, i tend to think that one can't rush to invite someone without thinking twice. But faith isn't lost.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    It is 3 months, if you park your account, and 2 months if you dont.

Whats the point of joining in the first place if you are never going to visit, and get pruned anyway.

I do realise that some trackers are not for everyone, so shit happens, but from the 100`s I have got in from here, to be left with about 20 is pretty shit lol and these are peole that wanted an account, done good posts to get in etc etc. not someone i just dragged from the street and said, come in have a look, they wanted it, and never used it.

Forced activity??

No its not, its just login and thats it.

that is how many members we have had since Dec 2006, we have 29,000 left, thats why we prune, whats the point in keeping 330,000 members if they dont want to be here.
    Ok this went way off topic, but you say members don't want to be there, so they are pruned. How many members came here complaining, when you made that keyword thingy? how many asked on countless other sites? Are you saying that those members had zero interest in the site?

I have been deleted on two sites, which I liked and used, just for not logging in for 42 days. Well I was busy and forgot about them. I had a good amount uploaded and downloaded, positive ratio, but for those 42 days I just didn't think to log in.

"Puff" account gone. Forced activity I say.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    I knew this was going to come up.

2 months before the keyword change, we sent out a mass announcement, it was in the Global Announcements in the forums, it was on the Main News page at the very top (we never added anything else because it was so important), and we sent out a mass Email from the forum (which granted did not work 100%)

We then done the keyword change, 24,000 out of 48,000 members went, but we could bring them back, but i was on holiday, so altinertia decided to give them another chance.

Again sent another Announcement out, sent another Email, we cant do mass PMs though, and give them another 6 weeks to do their keyword.

All it was, is 1 button in their profile that they had to press, it was not difficult, but we lost 9,000 members.

So they had 3 1/2 months of us telling them, informing them, the only way we could, and some still couldnt do it.

I am very sorry, but that is their own fault, we done everything in our power, and i still see posts now on forums saying "WTF BCG is still up, Damn i thought it was down and lost my account"

you know, if you live in a cave, then its your own fault. I really do not know what else we could have done, apart from, just not bother with the fake page and the keyword thing.

I even made a thread on here which

A: I didnt have to do
    B: In hindsight i wish i had not done it.

PS: and btw, if you were a SPU, you never got pruned either, it was only KL-User-PU that got pruned.
    Last edited by stoi; 05-09-2009 at 07:53 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    it's great to see old schoolers like TheFox and Stoi replying at this thread, as it immediately adds another dimension to its whole purpose and meaning.
    I'm proudly a member of both their sites, and it's easy to see there's ... something else there, which is always a reflection of their own attitudes towards filesharing, e-communities and most of all, a sense of respect long gone in these places.
    Well said...tho I'm only a member of one, from my point of view and lengthy experience I can't help but agree 100%. This in a way helps define the meaning of my title..Old Skool..

this, if we forget about that notorious friendship scammer that was Dunson, which tricked me and several other great people like Funkin, and gained our confidence; and F.B.I. aka I'm Hot, which is a CosaNostra staffer and is a steaming pile of shit.
    Oh wonderful...didn't hear about what Dunson pulled, I remember giving him a TL invite a good while back..
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast