View Poll Results: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 61.80%
  • No

34 38.20%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    It's been discussed to death, true. But just don't post if you think it's not worth it instead of flaming.

Posts removed. Stay on topic.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first place
    OK not going to get involved in this, as in the OPs question, i havnt even read the other posts apart from this 1st point.

But how can trading on a public forum, where all you ask for is a speedtest and a couple of ratio proofs, lead to good friends that a tracker wants??

Sorry but you have totally fucking lost me there.

Once the trade goes down, you will never hear from them again, even if they are in your invite tree.

You never tell them how the tracker works, they dont know you, dont know anyone else on the site, so just keep themselves to themselves, and you cant get them involved, because you traded, so you have to keep a low profile as well.

Trading does the complete opposite 99.9% of the time.

Dont talk to each other
    Dont help each other
    Dont care about each other
    If he cheats, and you get banned, not a problem, just trade again with someone else to get in again.
    Both hide in the community, yes you may download and seed your asses off, but peeking out from behind that is a no no, and i mean Forums and IRC.

If every member, on every tracker, was a trader, there would be no community, and just everyone downloading but not seeding (using the buffers up from the traded account). Basically trackers would just die.
    Last edited by stoi; 05-08-2009 at 03:28 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    If everything is open, there will be no trade

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ĴÔĶĚŘ's Avatar «-.¸ Ľêgend ¸.-» BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    if u need trade stop

pm every tracker staff and tell them to open sign up alwys

and we will not need trade any more

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by klixexhha View Post
    If everything is open, there will be no trade
    Are you on a spamming spree?

Anyway, nice thought. Just one problem: MPAA or whoever can sign up. What then?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No trading will stop.

Joining, hit and running, banning, sign up again
    Joining, Cheating, Banning, Sign up again

That will be prevelent.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    1)leads to awesome friends which is to whom trackers wants invites to go to in the first place
    OK not going to get involved in this, as in the OPs question, i havnt even read the other threads apart from this 1st point.

But how can trading on a public forum, where all you ask for is a speedtest and a couple of ratio proofs, lead to good friends that a tracker wants??

Sorry but you have totally fucking lost me there.

Once the trade goes down, you will never hear from them again, even if they are in your invite tree.

You never tell them how the tracker works, they dont know you, dont know anyone else on the site, so just keep themselves to themselves, and you cant get them involved, because you traded, so you have to keep a low profile as well.

Trading does the complete opposite 99.9% of the time.

Dont talk to each other
    Dont help each other
    Dont care about each other
    If he cheats, and you get banned, not a problem, just trade again with someone else to get in again.
    Both hide in the community, yes you may download and seed your asses off, but peeking out from behind that is a no no, and i mean Forums and IRC.

If every member, on every tracker, was a trader, there would be no community, and just everyone downloading but not seeding (using the buffers up from the traded account). Basically trackers would just die.
    I should probably have said might lead to awesome friendships. When i first started torrenting, i traded with this guy, in time, we get to know each other a lot better, i first sent him Cod4 game via cargo, then we shared invites with each other rather than trade... trade was a phase for us to pass to a friendship, he came to our university, we talked face to face, he is studying for university entrance exam, i helped him with some issues regarding issues, anyway the point is the the first accounts that i traded my seedbox for led to nice memories, thanks to him, i have seen most of the sites available, iplay bithumen, ethor, m-vid any other, well they werent stable, i havent used them at all, just seen for a few days to make up my mind. I cant say he is the ideal guy for the torrent community since he had 2 sct accounts et cetera, he even offered me one of them, all i am saying even though he isnt the ideal torrenter, he actually cared about other people too. He could trade his other sct account or tt account with huge buffer, yet he chose to share it with me, he is a good guy no matter how torrenters see him. Sometimes i kinda feel like whether i shall report him or not though, but would you? I doubt anyone would try to harm someone from whom they have only seen kindness. I shared my seedboxes with him et cetera, we still talk even though we dont need invites anymore. So i should probably said it might lead to amazing friendships. This is what he is to me, a friend that is there for you when you need even though he was the guy i traded in the beginning. He is kind enough to let other people share his seedbox, he doesnt belong to selfish, careless, irresponsible profile drawn by most torrenters. Though you are right, i traded with few guyz, i think the number is three, yet other 2 turned out to be like what you said. One of them was ovisan here. He claims to be good torrenter lecturing me about obeying rules, not to be trader, uploading stuff, being active on tracker et cetera...
    Last edited by bilkenter; 05-08-2009 at 03:35 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    keep in mind that your story is an exception to the rule..
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    It's obvious from the story itself. IN 2 out of 3 cases trading didn't turn out to be good for him.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    This is why i am not against trading, there are always exceptions and noone holds right to punish them because of certain majority. Those guys shall actually be rewarded rather than silenced in bt communities. At least my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    It's obvious from the story itself. IN 2 out of 3 cases trading didn't turn out to be good for him.
    Actually they were trustworthy too, but they were quite obsessed with trade or what they could get via their invites or accounts. I couldn't set up such an amazing friendship with them, yeah. But the guy i am talking is definitely a legend. Yet the friendship i experienced with the guy is actually worth that i can lose all for his sake actually. I lost scc for his sake actually, he wanted to look at it, i let him i trust the guy a lot, i lost a 1 tb buffer yet i dont regret it at all. If i was given chance to do it again, i would have done the same thing.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 05-08-2009 at 03:52 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast