View Poll Results: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 61.80%
  • No

34 38.20%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Should Trading be totally Stopped???

The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

There is one place where I offer my invites and if I asked the staff about it, they'd say it's a great site. I'm sorry for you, but I didn't start of at FST. Besides I ask for profile links 95% of the time, unless I know the person.

2.) It's a whole other thing mentioning a tracker and trading your way in or making a GA/REQ. IMO.
    If you havent noticed which you havent, there are no E**** GA, Trades or mentioning. LOL, what kind of tracker you are talking about. I'm talking about respected trackers that many users pursue and your probably talking about some garbage tracker that invites everyone who is willing to spend 2 minutes writing a request.
    And by respected you surely mean above level 5, right?

Anyway, I meant Waffles, for instance.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    At the risk of over simplifying things, it all comes down to respect. The people that own/run these trackers are putting their asses on the line in one way or another just running the site...the server bill(s) has to have someones name on it after all.
    So, considering the staff/owners are taking that risk so I can have a place to d/l the latest stuff at high speed in a 'safer' private environment, if they say do not trade invites to their tracker, thats IT! No ifs, ands or buts about it! THEY are the ones taking the risk, therefor their invite rules (and all others) should be respected without question. I speak a bit from experience...I once leased a server in my name to help with a tracker I staffed and that 'what if?' question does sit in the back of your mind and when you see people doin stupid shit re:invites I can/does strike a nerve.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster
    Forgive my ignorance, but people trade bittorrent sites like baseball cards? That's wild. I'm not really sure what to think about it, but the overwhelming majority in this thread seems to think it is a bad thing, so I'll trust that. I don't really see why someone would bother though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456