Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I Need To Format My Pc?

I dont know what to do, i have tried all i know, so i need your opinions. This is my problem...

I have a 2.8 Pentium 4, 60Gb HDD, 512 RAM...
    I have Windows XP, Norton Systemworks, Office XP, Kazaa Lite

When im using my PC, if i use it for about 30 minutes, then the screen get "freeze" and then i cant do nothing with it so i have to press the restart button.

Please give me your opinions about how to solve this problem... I have tried all i know, i have downloaded patches, and everything but anything solve my problem....

Thanks for your opinions

CYGNUS-Y (The Original)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    burn all that you need on disc and reformat.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@23 September 2003 - 23:51
    burn all that you need on disc and reformat.
    I agree.

Or back it to another drive or a another partition.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    forget the fomat shit mate..get out ya xp cd and do the repair installation

@shadow hacker...why not try some other solutions first rather than just formatting, wot a waste of time if its just a simple problem

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Skank@23 September 2003 - 21:53

@shadow hacker...why not try some other solutions first rather than just formatting, wot a waste of time if its just a simple problem
    I am tierd and going to bed i am not up for solving the problem. Sorry

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Skank@23 September 2003 - 23:53

Even with a repair installation or automated system recovery (asr) its still only going to put back on there what he had in the beginning. All other programs will still need to be reinstalled.

Sometimes its good to just start out with a freshly new installed o.s. in order to get rid of anything that was causing problems before. If a backup is made then it really shouldnt be that complicated or a problem.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    It will replace any missing or corrupt windows files...and u dont neeed to reinstall all ya other programs..U obviously dont know to much about XP....The only thing is that u lose all ya service packs etc

We dont know exactly wot the problem is..right?

ok take this for example..your cars got a leaky exhaust...do u ditch it at the dump or try and repair it?...simple isnt it...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Skank@24 September 2003 - 00:03
    It will replace any missing or corrupt windows files...and u dont neeed to reinstall all ya other programs..U obviously dont know to much about XP....The only thing is that u lose all ya service packs etc

We dont know exactly wot the problem is..right?

ok take this for example..your cars got a leaky exhaust...do u ditch it at the dump or try and repair it?...simple isnt it...
    On the contrary, even though I use linux Im going to school for the mcse program. I have already passed the installing an configuring "xp" exam. The easiest out of the seven exams you have to pass to be mcse. What your talking about is a:

sfc /scannow-- that can be executed form the run command. It only replaces "system files" when in all actuality it could be a third party program or registry entry causing the problem. And replacing system files is not going to solve that.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    so why not try it out and then youll see if it is a third party problem...if u just do the format youll never gonna know what the cause was are u?

I like to know what the problem is , so I can stop it from re-occuring and your never gonna find out the cause of it if u just format

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Skank@24 September 2003 - 00:44
    so why not try it out and then youll see if it is a third party problem...if u just do the format youll never gonna know what the cause was are u?

I like to know what the problem is , so I can stop it from re-occuring and your never gonna find out the cause of it if u just format
    I agree.

Now its up to him to them to find out whats causing it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast