Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tmpgenc

I really want to convert an avi to svcd by using TMPGEnc. I have done this before and it was ok but now I get borders on the sides of the screen (not above and under, I could live with that) or it is displayed in the center. it would be perfect if it was full screen but wide-screen will do bu how do I get rid of these bordres? (I have read a lot of giudes but could you just give me an answer???)
    it would be very much appreciated
    thx

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    dont use tmpeg its CRAP, check out either main cancept encoder or anopus pro coder
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    never even heard of those. what is so great bout them?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    wot so go is u dont fet any trouble with them not like tmpeg, and main cancept encoder witn encode a film for u in about 2 hours
    [COLOR=red] [SIZE=14]Doing it My Way Now

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by diamond dog@24 September 2003 - 18:38
    I really want to convert an avi to svcd by using TMPGEnc. I have done this before and it was ok but now I get borders on the sides of the screen (not above and under, I could live with that) or it is displayed in the center. it would be perfect if it was full screen but wide-screen will do bu how do I get rid of these bordres? (I have read a lot of giudes but could you just give me an answer???)
    thx

use the wizard in tmpgenc, after the 'select source file' screen, you will see the 'filter setting' screen, there is a button near the bottom right that says 'other settings' - click that and hit the 'advanced' tab.

the settings you need to adjust are the 'video arrange method' and you can also check the 'source aspect ratio' setting

in the 'video arrange method' box you can choose 'full screen' and 'full screen(keep aspect ratio)'

there are other settings under the 'video' tabs etc. to change the quality of the film, which will also affect the time it takes to encode

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    thx for your answer but I already tried those settings (and 60 others...) but even when I choose full screen (keep aspect ratio) it keeps adding borders. It not th source that creates that because I tried other files and it does the same thing

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Forum Star
    i think if it worked for you before the only thing that could have happened is that you've changed a setting somewhere and perhaps forgot ?

you said that you tried a lot of settings, have you tried changing a setting in the 'source aspect ratio' box - you could try the file again this time changing the source ratio from there, just encode for a few minutes then stop to check.

if that doesnt work, you could try fully uninstalling then reinstalling to reset your prefs.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by diamond dog@24 September 2003 - 13:38
    thx
    Just set the resolution to 720x480 and that should work but those borders are good to me, but I guess u like fullscreen huh?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Originally posted by mark845@24 September 2003 - 20:53
    main cancept encoder witn encode a film for u in about 2 hours
    no, it all depends on your system speed

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by Bebi+24 September 2003 - 17:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bebi @ 24 September 2003 - 17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mark845@24 September 2003 - 20:53
    main cancept encoder witn encode a film for u in about 2 hours
    no, it all depends on your system speed [/b][/quote]
    But it could do it for your computer too cause my processor is not new at all it takes from 10-12 hours using tmpgenc but with Pansonic Encoder I get three hours but that was back when I was doing cam vcds now I do dvd-rips probably why my time is longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast