Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: F*N Users can you answer me a simple question?

MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Whoa! Forget this money thing.I just said it,because there are some people,who can give their heart for an FTN invite!

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by MATEE100 View Post
    Whoa! Forget this money thing.I just said it,because there are some people,who can give their heart for an FTN invite!
    And you seem to be one of them.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    @unknownman - Brandon just wants to develop the site further, also its nothing to do with me lol, Im just a normal member.

Brandon has never ever been in it for the money, everything he does is to keep all his members happy.
    that's really good to hear, you don't see that everyday on normal trackers. Do you happen to know what kind of developments?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone.W.Machine View Post
    Back in 2007 when I was new to torrents and heard about a tracker called FTN, which had the fastest pre-times.
    I started to look for an invite and it took me a couple of weeks to get one.
    When I finally got in, everything I expected to be there was there.
    Wasn't much torrent activity when they still had the ratio system but that didn't bother me.
    And how about now? How have things changed?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Its just another site, I was invited and signed up and reaized thats its just like every other 0day tracker.
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster
    Just what I was thinking, but I'm too nice to be that mean!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownman View Post
    that's really good to hear, you don't see that everyday on normal trackers. Do you happen to know what kind of developments?

Back in 2007 when I was new to torrents and heard about a tracker called FTN, which had the fastest pre-times.
    I started to look for an invite and it took me a couple of weeks to get one.
    When I finally got in, everything I expected to be there was there.
    Wasn't much torrent activity when they still had the ratio system but that didn't bother me.
    And how about now? How have things changed?
    I'm not too involved at FTN, but what has changed is that they removed the ratio and the activity on torrents has increased, oh and pre-times are perhaps a little bit slower.

Just what I was thinking, but I'm too nice to be that mean!
    Sometimes you have to be mean so you can be nice again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I don't think people are understanding me, I meant after you got in, was it worth it? Is it all you thought it was going to be?

Tbh only leeches want something that has no ratio, and experienced BT users shouldn't care about ratio since the whole idea of BT is you give as good as you get.

SO back on topic: I would like users who are members to answer to get their views. I understand if you don't want to though, seeing as you might get into trouble for talking about it.
    That's a trick question, simply because the site is whatever you make it out to be in your mind.

Of course if you've been aching to get into it due to it's "shut gates", and "hidden" status, once you get in you're not going to be anything less than satisfied.

I remember when I got in I thought it was all the rage. Browsed the whole DVDR collection to see if there were things I didn't have, and I did find some packs and stuff with more eclectic flicks, but in the end I wasn't able to get many because they would drop to 0 seeders often.

FTN is good because of it's no ratio policy, and the site-skin is attractive. However the forums are relatively dead, and there really isn't much to it other than that. I'm not bashing FTN, I'm just saying if you're expecting it to be this awesome other-worldly thing; it'll only be that while you concieve it as such.

It isn't really anything more than a tracker like all the others. In fact, for content and speed, as well as ease of seeding, TL is infinitely better. Ah, it's also easier to leech off of TL; in FTN you have to click on every torrent you want, be redirected to the page where it's upped, and only then can you dl. It's a tad anal if you ask meh.

Don't break your back for it unknownman.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    MATEE100's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    No,I'm not,dude! Plus there are huge answers for an "FTN Simple question"
    Last edited by MATEE100; 05-13-2009 at 07:12 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    That's a trick question, simply because the site is whatever you make it out to be in your mind.

Of course if you've been aching to get into it due to it's "shut gates", and "hidden" status, once you get in you're not going to be anything less than satisfied.

I remember when I got in I thought it was all the rage. Browsed the whole DVDR collection to see if there were things I didn't have, and I did find some packs and stuff with more eclectic flicks, but in the end I wasn't able to get many because they would drop to 0 seeders often.

FTN is good because of it's no ratio policy, and the site-skin is attractive. However the forums are relatively dead, and there really isn't much to it other than that. I'm not bashing FTN, I'm just saying if you're expecting it to be this awesome other-worldly thing; it'll only be that while you concieve it as such.

It isn't really anything more than a tracker like all the others. In fact, for content and speed, as well as ease of seeding, TL is infinitely better. Ah, it's also easier to leech off of TL; in FTN you have to click on every torrent you want, be redirected to the page where it's upped, and only then can you dl. It's a tad anal if you ask meh.

Don't break your back for it unknownman.
    Sorry I didn't mean to look like I wanted to get in (I don't), in fact I wanted to show the others here that are "dying" to get in, that at the end of the day, its not all its hyped up to be.

As for the trick question, I asked for personal views hence I used the phrasing "Is it all you thought it was going to be?" so I'm only looking for your feelings i.e. disappointment/ amazement.

If you get what I mean...
    Last edited by unknownman; 05-13-2009 at 07:29 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Dream of a tracker?... thatīs just ridiculous, I dream of Jessica Alba, thatīs a more than justifies dream, right?.

About FTN... a very good 0-day tracker, no stress due to ratios, slow connections, etc. But it used to be better before becoming P2i.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast