Thread: Netlimiter - Set Download/upload Speed For Every

You certainly know the problem - kazaa eats all your bandwidth and your irc/ftp downloads slow down. So what do you do? switch off kazaa. But that's not necessary any longer - I just found a programme that will allow to slow down kazaa a little to allocate your bandwidth to other applications, say reget/flashfxp or mirc/bottler or whatever you are using. It's called NetLimiter and can be downloaded here:

http://www.netlimiter.com/

a certain something that allows to get a full version without paying has been released today too *cough* *cough* - you know what I mean, but you'll have to search yourself, since this is no warez forum.

Ok, back to the programme and its advantages for people who download much - think what the programme does - does it ring the bell? yeah, if it allows to set upload and download, then you can use it to cheat in every p2p app that sets those phucking download-upload ratios. 'cause the setting is done in NetLimiter on the network level, which means you can set upload to 10 in Emule, but to 1 in NetLimiter, and emule won't even notice. lol. Ain't this a perfect upload crack for all p2p appz? of course, this is not important for kazaa, since it doesn't have upload ratios crap, but there are enough progz out there that think it's ok to prescribe what we have to do with our bandwidth.

And anyway, kazaa is also acting like a phucking vulture - it always goes at 100 kb per second, like a madman and takes away the whole bandwidth. So I think we really need such a prog like NetLimiter to slow down kazaa a little or to speed up emule and edonkey without increading ACTUAL upload (edonkey checks for theoretical upload only represented by the number set in the options)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    ive had the cracked version sitting on my hard drive for a while...I cant get it work under xp anymore..any suggestions mate?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    This is in simple terms: NET LIMITER - "NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control tool" *****

WRFan, reading ur post, the way u phrase it, leads me to believe that u think this helps KL++ users. I don't see how, just a reminder this is Kazaa Lite Related Tips, not emule and edonkey.

Have a tip or trick related to Kazaa Lite, post it here. Do NOT post questions here!
    Skank, please keep TIP section for tips only.

4. File Sharing   -   #4

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@25 September 2003 - 09:05
    WRFan
    Someone gets around a bit.....

6. File Sharing   -   #6

WRFan, reading ur post, the way u phrase it, leads me to believe that u think this helps KL++ users. I don't see how, just a reminder this is Kazaa Lite Related Tips, not emule and edonkey.
    of course it helps, don't you see how? let's say you download from the net using reget. then your kazaa speed might go down. Now it depends what's more important for you - your reget download or your kazaa download - but in any case, if you need one of the two files fast, then you have to shut down one of the programmes. But with this tool you can slow down one of them without completely shutting it down. And since kazaa is so fast at downloading, the kazaa forum is the best place to post about it, because even people with dsl or cable have to switch kazaa off from time to time, if they are downloading from a different location(s) (http/ftp/irc) too

ive had the cracked version sitting on my hard drive for a while...I cant get it work under xp anymore..any suggestions mate?
    hmm, I have no idea. What do you mean it doesn't work? I also have the cracked version and it works just fine. Try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall. The programme is not dependent on any particular internet connection, it should work on pretty any windows system out there

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ah this program is nice.. i use it to balance emule.. bittorrent.. and kazaa running at the same time.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    when i first installed this program (weeks/months ago), i had some intermittent windows (xp) crashes/hangs...
    i uninstalled nl, then reinstalled and everything was fixed...

slightly weird, but it worked for me
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    NET LIMITER - "NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control tool" *****
    oh well, and I thought one liners can be simple and has been posted in Best Tips.....