Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did You Get Embrassed To Speak In Front Of Your...

class, cause i do. did you ever feel embrassed in high school, presenting something orally, cause i suck at it

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by showstopper496@25 September 2003 - 01:53
    class, cause i do. did you ever feel embrassed in high school, presenting something orally, cause i suck at it
    yeah i sucked too

but then I realized they suck as bad as you do, that's when I was not afraid anymore

3. Lounge   -   #3
    smoke some cronic before y apresen tthen yal be happy no tacared

4. Lounge   -   #4
    it rare i had to do that, but i usually got up and just did it to get it over with. The quicker it was over the better.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    That's a pretty common thing showstopper496. When I was in high school ( about a thousand years ago ) I got the big sweat happening when I had to do any public speaking. I was told by a very wise man ( my granddad ) to poke a little fun at yourself with a couple of jokes ( nothing too personal though ) right outta the gate. Get them laughing...even if it's at you ! for a few seconds and that gives you confidence and puts the whole situation in perspective. After all, it's not like they're expecting you to come up with a cure for cancer ...........you're just talking to them.
    I found that strategy to work every time the situation came up after that...I just think of some way to make people laugh a bit and everyone relaxes. Try it out & see what happens.........

Riddler

6. Lounge   -   #6
    @Riddler, Worked with me too! Apart from everyone relaxing, you yourself relax more by breaking the "ice"
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by showstopper496@25 September 2003 - 01:53
    He sucks at doing things orally

Will I ever grow outta this stuff? Ihope not

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    ...I actually enjoyed doing that. I was all nervous before, but when I was doing it, I really liked it

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skweeky@25 September 2003 - 04:46
    ...I actually enjoyed doing that. I was all nervous before, but when I was doing it, I really liked it
    Ok Skweeky, I&#39;ll bite

Enjoyed doing what ? Public speaking or &#39;doing things orally&#39; ?

Sorry I couldn&#39;t help myself.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Yep i used 2 get very embrassed, i wud always crack up with laughter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast