Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: I've Never used eDonkey Or eMule.

Run it 24 h a day to gather credits. If you use a mod which allows different credit systems, use the Lovelace credit system. Some mods are optimized for better source finding (like my beba mod).
    If there was a special setting for improving overall speed, don't you think it would be active by default? Play around a bit.

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    used it in the past...one of my cousins still does

its a decent alternative to torrenting...but i'm pretty much addicted to torrents now hehe

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Why do you think torrents are "better"? BitTorrent is not even decentralized.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    i don't...i just find it more convenient and more easier to browse

i was a big fanatic of napster and kazaa back in the days (and shareaza and soulseek soon after)...but the day i stepped into the torrents zone...i've never looked back

it just feels so much more convenient...agreed i've never been on sites like FH which have organized emule content so that probably plays a big part (i admit)...but i have been on sites like warez-bb among others that organize RS, MU, etc content...and it just doesn't feel the same

Ofcourse, I could be entirely wrong about how FH and the likes work (i probably am) but at the end of the day - I can only comment on what I have seen...and FH I have not ^^

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    It is "easier" to browse Google, Bing or another global search engine for .torrent files and then to hope that they aren't dead than just using a built-in search mask? I think I'll disagree.
    (Never used sites except the great HQShare.)

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    i wasn't talking about public trackers ofcourse...i mean private sites with specified contents + list of seeders and so on

i didn't even know people actually searched for torrents on google and such...that'd be a royal PITA

oh and never heard of HQShare so I have absolutely no comments on that

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by kooltilldend View Post
    i mean private sites with specified contents + list of seeders and so on
    And "private sites" (which also means "a closed number of participants") have a file diversity and a file lifetime that can - at least almost - beat eMule's? I seriously doubt that...
    File diversity is the major point in file sharing, isn't it?

oh and never heard of HQShare so I have absolutely no comments on that
    You srsly should have a look there.
    Last edited by Tuxman; 10-15-2009 at 02:45 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    agreed the retention is limited...but i prefer to keep what i want on my hdd...so content's lifetime really isn't an issue...besides its all about sharing, so anything that isn't up can always be re-upped

i agree though, this is something that is always going to be a plus point of the likes of emule

also i'll def. give a look into HQShare but is it open for all...i.e. can i access it, say, right now?

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    but i prefer to keep what i want on my hdd...
    For that you'll have to actually find it first.

also i'll def. give a look into HQShare but is it open for all...i.e. can i access it, say, right now?
    You'll have to register first for obvious reasons, but yes, then you can. No invitation system AFAIK.

Yet.

Last edited by Tuxman; 10-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    lol believe me...with my sources, finding what i want "generally" isn't very tough...more so since i d/l stuff in packs (like i prefer to d/l the whole album than a single song) which makes finding stuff all the more easier

also i'll try finding more details on HQShare...it'll take a "lot" to convert me though...i'm a torrent maniac
    Last edited by kooltilldend; 10-15-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast