Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most dangerous cities/neighbourhoods in the USA

Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Ok, i have a friend of mine that is definitely a lunatic.
    He travels a lot, and now he decided he wants to spend at least 6 months in the USA, but he wants to make a different kind of tourism.

so, he asked me to compile a list of the worse places in the USA, no matter the state, and preferably with high crime rates. After this trip he intends to go to São Paulo and live in the favelas for some time. yes, he is crazy and has a deathwish.

i googled a bit and stumbled upon these nice looking places to visit:

1. Camden, NJ
    2. Gary, IN
    3. Compton, LA
    4. Soundview, Bronx, NYC and Brownsville, Brooklyn
    5. East Palo Alto, SF
    6. Flint, MI
    7. Belle Glade, FL
    8. East Saint Louis ( seems to be the worst)
    9. Youngstown, OH
    10. Laredo, TX
    11. South LA, formerly South Central
    12. Richmond, CA

I need indications for:

Detroit
    Dallas (south) for what i read
    Atlanta
    Cleveland
    Washington
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Miami
    Any other interesting place.

If you guys have pics, it would help too.

Thanks for helping me out.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Ok, i have a friend of mine that is definitely a lunatic.
    He travels a lot, and now he decided he wants to spend at least 6 months in the USA, but he wants to make a different kind of tourism.

so, he asked me to compile a list of the worse places in the USA, no matter the state, and preferably with high crime rates. After this trip he intends to go to São Paulo and live in the favelas for some time. yes, he is crazy and has a deathwish.

i googled a bit and stumbled upon these nice looking places to visit:

1. Camden, NJ
    2. Gary, IN
    3. Compton, LA
    4. Soundview, Bronx, NYC and Brownsville, Brooklyn
    5. East Palo Alto, SF
    6. Flint, MI
    7. Belle Glade, FL
    8. East Saint Louis ( seems to be the worst)
    9. Youngstown, OH
    10. Laredo, TX
    11. South LA, formerly South Central
    12. Richmond, CA

I need indications for:

Detroit
    Dallas (south) for what i read
    Atlanta
    Cleveland
    Washington
    Philadelphia
    Chicago
    Miami
    Any other interesting place.

If you guys have pics, it would help too.

Thanks for helping me out.
    Like any other city, these have good and bad parts of town. If you stay away from the shady areas, you have nothing worry about whatsoever. Unless you intentionally go to a bad area of town, there should be nothing that attracts you to that area and hence you'll never end up there.

Several of them you would never ever go through unless it was a destination. Laredo is a good example; it's in the middle of nowhere and unless it was your exact destination, you'd never end up there.

As for:

I need indications for:

Detroit - Never been there. If you're going to that region, I'd recommend going to Toronto instead.
    Dallas (south) for what i read - Dallas fucking sucks. Period. No ifs/ands/buts about it. It's full of hoity-toity morans. If you're coming to Texas, Austin is the place to go. Runner up would be Houston.
    Atlanta - Do you speak ebonics?
    Cleveland - It isn't called the armpit of the US for nothing.
    Washington - Washington State is beautiful. Washington DC is ghetto as hell except for the touristy area. That area is definitely worth the visit.
    Philadelphia - Never been there.
    Chicago - Orsum. Beautiful. Recommended.
    Miami - Ditto. Especially if it's summertime. The number of beautiful women in bikinis dominating the city is like nothing you've ever seen before. Words cannot begin to describe the amount of scattered ass that is walking about.

No matter what, Sao Paulo is more dangerous than all these cities put together.
    Last edited by Skiz; 05-15-2009 at 08:07 AM.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    the amount of scattered ass that is walking about.[/COLOR]
    ..."scattered ass", you say.

Perhaps you meant "ass scattered about", walking and/or otherwise.

I hope, anyway.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    There's nothing special about Laredo, crime-wise. You'd really have to look for trouble in order to get it. As with any other city, there are bad parts and good parts. If you have no relations to gangs or drugs, you wouldn't even notice the crime. By the way, almost all murders are drug/gang related.

You won't find anything interesting in this town.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn NY

http://www.urbanology.org/BedStuy/

I know people Like to toss around Harlem, but Harlem is a joke compared to what this place used to be. I hear rumors of cleaning up a bit, but have not been in the city in 15 yrs. This was/is what the word " Ghetto " means

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Some crime statistics are very misleading.

For one very desperate period I lived in an area of DC that had the highest murder rate in the city...only 4 blocks or so from the Capitol building.
    My street had the most murders in that whole area but, despite being the only white person for blocks, I never had a whiff of trouble.

This was not due to my intimidating presence.

In fact, almost all of the crime was domestic- husband kills wife/vice-versa, father beats up son, etc.
    These people weren't preying on outsiders but rather, destroying themselves.

Your friend could probably walk through this war zone and no one would pay him any attention, probably not even know he was there.
    Last edited by clocker; 05-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Agreed.

Newcastle City Centre has one of the highest levels of Violent Crime "per head of Population" in the UK.

The fact that virtually no one lives there (maybe 200 people tops); however just about the entire North East of England under the age of 30 appears drink there (including 14,000 "Students") every friday night may have something to do with that statistic.

Have to say, I've never seen any trouble there in the last 20 years on my odd nights out either..

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Agreed.

Newcastle City Centre has one of the highest levels of Violent Crime "per head of Population" in the UK.

The fact that virtually no one lives there (maybe 200 people tops); however just about the entire North East of England under the age of 30 appears drink there (including 14,000 "Students") every friday night may have something to do with that statistic.

Have to say, I've never seen any trouble there in the last 20 years on my odd nights out either..

Add all that to the fact that a large percentage of crimes go unreported because he public know that nothing will be done about them. I know of one instance where a young girl got hit in the head by a brick thrown by a yob. She wasn't seriously injured and the police said they had insufficient evidence to get a prosecution. If that young girl had died from her injuries the place would have been crawling with police all trying to get their name on a murder conviction case.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Crowley's Avatar n00b
    Chicago - (Black belt) South Side.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Washington - Washington State is beautiful. Washington DC is ghetto as hell except for the touristy area. That area is definitely worth the visit.
    Wow you dunno what you are talking about and I wonder how many times you've been to DC (if ever).

Tell me what is the touristy "area" of DC? I wonder if you could point out the supposedly bad parts of DC on a map.

Anyway OP, the Druid Hill Park area and area around Waterview Av in Baltimore is pretty bad. Some parts of Baltimore makes DC look like Beverly Hills.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast