Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Msn Chat

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Today MSN announed that they are shutting down their chat servers in Europe, Middle East and most of Asia and Latin America on the 14th October 2003. The move comes as abuse of the chat network continues to rise. MSN are changing the way their operators work worldwide.

As the Child Protection charities welcome the move as a "Big step towards protecting new web users". Most messers will find the news disappointing.

An MSN Spokesperson remarked:

"We have been concerned about the chat rooms for a while and reached a stage where we were no longer prepared to put up with inappropriate communication."

MSN say that there will be no more free and unmoderated chat rooms on any of MSN's network. MSN say that any such chat rooms will be available only in Japan, America and Canada. MSN says these networks will be moderated 24/7 and will be on a credit card subscription only basis. This will help verify the age and identity of users on the chat network. This obviously means more money for MSN.

Child protection is not the only reason for this move says MSN, but also the minority of spammers who have used the chat network to build mailing lists. This contributes to the growing problem that we all so hate. MSN commented that a small minority of chatters have spoilt the chat for people of all ages.

More information on this drastic move by MSN can be read at BBC News and MSNBC

Please note that it is the MSN chat servers shutting down, not MSN Messenger! Please also ignore the silly rumours being spread about Messenger as it is here to stay.

----

Come on people, this is a load of S#!t, put in your thoughts...

BTW: I live in America, but still, asking us to pay for chatting?! And just shuting it down for every one else? God...how shitty can you be?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Double Agent
    it is a load of crap

who is gonna pay x dollars a month to waste your time on some fuck chatrooms

it is an idea that is gonna fuck up msn

nobody is gonna be on there.

I know I wouldn't!!!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@24 September 2003 - 20:31
    it is a load of crap

who is gonna pay x dollars a month to waste your time on some fuck chatrooms

it is an idea that is gonna fuck up msn

nobody is gonna be on there.

I know I wouldn't!!!
    You got that right...they won't be getting my money, or my service....I HOPE TO SEE YOUR STUPID CHAT SERVICE GO DOWN IN FLAMES MICROSUX!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Double Agent
    oh and did anybody see their "new" msn messenger 8 or something? i dont wanna post the link cuz that would be spam

supposedly to be a whole bunch of new services and crap and it's paid subscription as well.

well duh, who is gonna pay when there is the good free msn messenger 6?

damn capitalists

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Yeah, I heard about it.....its crap too. All you get is a couple of "new" features. God...Microsoft has made a change for the worse...

6. Lounge   -   #6
    But...I bet there will be a way around this MSN Chat problem (IE: chat scripts, TechGear)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Double Agent
    i think it's just their excuse to implement paid subscriptions. chat rooms are everywhere, msn is not the only company that host chatrooms.

"child protection" is not their "goodwill" intention. "money making" IS !!!

you know if msn just said flat out, we want to make money out of these chat rooms cuz there is a market for it. I'd be more acceptable to their offers. but NOOOOO, they had to say they are doing this for the sake of the children....

WHAT A LOAD OF POOP!!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@24 September 2003 - 20:45
    "child protection" is not their "goodwill" intention. "money making" IS
    Exactly...they don't care about kids...they just care about their fancy offices...with fancy cars....Care about us? Pfftt, please give me a break

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    see what your child corruptin' ways have got yas?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

10. Lounge   -   #10
    What a rather senseless move. I wonder if the other's will follow the 'monkey see, monkey do' trend?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast