Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So how do you anti-traders feel....

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by susiserken View Post
    ive been a member of TL for a bit over 3 years this has happened more than a few times and will again.
    this

Only difference is that this time it happened to someone who writes file sharing news.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    TinkerBell's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's damn likely that government officials are in most, if not all sites. They have access to the best seed boxes after all. If you don't think they won't waste weeks or years to earn your trust your only fooling yourself. The cops today aren't like roscoe off of the dukes of hazard. They can just as easily act like me or you. They don't want to make their own site to catch people. They want to bring reputable sites down. That's what hurts. They don't want every tom dick and harry that file shares. They want the site owners. I think as most know the pirate bay is just the beginning of the storm that is yet to come. I got strong feeling things are going to be getting alot worse and soon. It's not that a site has been brought down, but what the sites reputation was before it was brought down. It hurts our moral and puts fear into our lives. For instance if ftn and or bitmetv was brought down I would likely give up all hope for the torrent world and stop using torrents.
    Last edited by TinkerBell; 05-15-2009 at 07:46 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBell View Post
    It's damn likely that government officials are in most, if not all sites. They have access to the best seed boxes after all. If you don't think they won't waste weeks or years to earn your trust your only fooling yourself. The cops today aren't like roscoe off of the dukes of hazard. They can just as easily act like me or you. They don't want to make their own site to catch people. They want to bring reputable sites down. That's what hurts. They don't want every tom dick and harry that file shares. They want the site owners. I think as most know the pirate bay is just the beginning of the storm that is yet to come. I got strong feeling things are going to be getting alot worse and soon. It's not that a site has been brought down, but what the sites reputation was before it was brought down. It hurts our moral and puts fear into our lives. For instance if ftn and or bitmetv was brought down I would likely give up all hope for the torrent world and stop using torrents.
    Thats why you need to have several methods of filesharing....

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I'm not so sure they got in via a giveaway or a trade. Why bother when you can purchase your way in pretty easily. In the end who knows how they got in maybe they just jumped on irc and bobs your uncle you've got an invite.

One thing is for sure they've been there for years this is nothing new. Really they take their time with these things. They spent a year or two inside oink before acting so...

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    [QUOTE=saulin;3215140]
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    who give away free invites to anyone that will take one now that TL has been compromised. Chances are, one of you have invited them.

Oh but its ok if you don't trade huh?

good luck.

/drunken rant
    If i was TL,i would just ban everyone who was on that torrent at the revealed time stamp(nobody would miss a couple hundred of leechers,especially on a tracker that isn't really into this community cuddly fondle me,kissy kissy huggy faggy bromance ish )

or choose to be a little lenient and filter the ban to american IP ranges,then drop theBANhammer.

or be very very lenient and choose to look at snatch and account histories of those particular americans(its obviously an american)then BAN the guy who has a fetish for donating for invites and snatching warner bros. and other MPAA insigs. torrents together with his inviter and the inviters inviter and the inviters inviter inviterar.001 and the inviterar.001 inviter and the inviterar.001 inviter who is now inviterar.002 and the RARs go on till u get to the n00b on trackerchecker waiting for open signup...its really easy,though i figure letting go $1000 dollar donors for the security of a titload of udders who never even click ADs is
    in essence idiocy(businesswise that is)
    what to do now?fuck security i guess!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by beshawn View Post
    Not that I would give an invite away to someone I do not know...

but how does trading (over using invites as intended) keep out anti-piracy authorities?

By your logic, all sites should stop handing out invites (after all its simply too dangerous), and only allow the trading of accounts?
    By his logic it doesn't matter at the end of the day if you trade or if you're completely against it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster
    end of the day , for all we know some of the most respectable members of BT could be feds. but this is the internet and that is life.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Can someone please explain what happened?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    All I know is that the forums are down due to an emergency maintenance.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Now I don't see them taking action against users. Maybe some top uploaders and the site owners.
    yeah, i agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBell View Post
    They have access to the best seed boxes after all. If you don't think they won't waste weeks or years to earn your trust your only fooling yourself.
    lol, probably the most stupid thing i read so far in this thread.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast