Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: So how do you anti-traders feel....

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by lysine View Post
    it's naive to think that law enforcement can't get into anything they want to. I know most of you have the attention span of a housefly, but you need to read over these articles and think of the implications:

http://www.wired.com/politics/online...urrentPage=all

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/...urrentPage=all
    good reads the parallels are quite striking really.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what's this thread about again ? nothing yes... nothing

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i'm another one who has no news related to what hypothetically is happening to TL.
    guess i'll have to google for that infamous blog.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    infiltrations

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    users @ TL receiving letters? Isn't that old?

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    depends on what kind of letters

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    You know, anti-p2p groups or even the FBI and other authorities don't even need to be on the trackers themselves, although it's true that it's rather easy for them to join, including most of the oh-so secure 'rare' sites (by simply donating / buying accounts / invites). They can hire narcs, a very old strategy that has been especially effective against release groups and the 'real' scene in the past.

Since more and more p2p release groups have emerged in the last few years, (private) bittorrent communities are not just channels of distribution (at the lower end of the food chain) anymore, they are a source of releases themselves. This implies a whole new level from the copyright holders / authorities perspective. It doesn't surprise me that the release causing this fuss was a telesync (= new movie) by DEViSE, a p2p group.

But the weakest link is simply money, be it trackers / the bittorrent community, or the real scene. As long as you can buy invites / accounts, or buy leech accounts on FTP topsites, supply hardware, supply shells etc. etc., there will be a certain degree of vulnerability.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    You know, anti-p2p groups or even the FBI and other authorities don't even need to be on the trackers themselves, although it's true that it's rather easy for them to join, including most of the oh-so secure 'rare' sites (by simply donating / buying accounts / invites). They can hire narcs, a very old strategy that has been especially effective against release groups and the 'real' scene in the past.

Since more and more p2p release groups have emerged in the last few years, (private) bittorrent communities are not just channels of distribution (at the lower end of the food chain) anymore, they are a source of releases themselves. This implies a whole new level from the copyright holders / authorities perspective. It doesn't surprise me that the release causing this fuss was a telesync (= new movie) by DEViSE, a p2p group.

But the weakest link is simply money, be it trackers / the bittorrent community, or the real scene. As long as you can buy invites / accounts, or buy leech accounts on FTP topsites, supply hardware, supply shells etc. etc., there will be a certain degree of vulnerability.
    +1
    I don't agree with ''conspiracy theories'' that say that there are members of authorities in the IRC channels of trackers all the time. Imo they're too lazy to do that, but it could easily be done. They have the time.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    I wouldn't wonder if similar things also reached other trackers in the future.

Just some time ago everybody was pirating and nothing happened even if it was completely open, now they might occasionally send out letters but their investigational work is still very incomplete, to be polite. With other sources like the newsgroups and everything taking place, small elitist groups that keep themselves unimportant are less of a problem today.

They just don't want copies to be available as easy as weather forecast, have no more possibilities to make greater change anyhow.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345