Thread: Cd-rw

ok get the flaming over wit....
    ty

i just did a clean install of 98 (i kno!&#33 and now when i installed nero it reads and writes, but when i installedd roxio it dont read my cd-rw, at the little burn tab it says no cd-rw selected and i cant select mine....

i kno roxio sucks but i like realtime speed and the dvd thing!

ehh
    win98
    633mhz
    128mb

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    There is a fix for this but I cant remember what it is...You might want to check out there website

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    my burners site or roxio?

any1 esle kno or this dead?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    there is a fix for that on roxios site you will have to register to download it

edit: Easy CD Creator 5xx Platinum Update5.3.5.exe <-- file name size about 18.3 megs i have had it in shared folder for a while and have seen others get it so have a look in kazaa

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    just did a clean install of 98 (i kno&#33;&#33 and now when i installed nero it reads and writes, but when i installedd roxio it dont read my cd-rw, at the little burn tab it says no cd-rw selected and i cant select mine....

i kno roxio sucks but i like realtime speed and the dvd thing&#33;
    i use 98 too and i had the same prob but i gave up and started to use nero andVCDeasy

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    It is all because roxio (formerly adaptec) insist on trying to use their own drivers to communicate with the cd-rw, instead of the standard aspi drivers. Which is strange considering that adaptec virtually wrote the book on aspi drivers.
    There is no good reason to use non-standard drivers except
    1) to gain a tiny improvement in performance.
    2) to block software from other vendors.

I stopped using roxio for that very reason.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.