Thread: Server.lu box-utorrent issues

Hey I have a Server.lu ds4k (AMD dual core cpu, 4 gb of ram, raid0 320x2)

I don't think its the box that is the fault, just my utorrent settings

My problem is that say I am about to download a freeleech pack from a torrent site and if I don't pause my 30-35 torrents running, it will upload at like 6 MB/s and if I pause the other 30-35 torrents and leave the pack only going, it will upload at 10 MB/s.

Is this normal? I would expect with a highly spec'ed server as this that it should be able to handle the load perfectly.

The only settings I've really changed in UTorrent is max peers to 300 and max connections to 1000.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    I think you overestimate your server, especially if you have 35 torrents running. The hard disk just wont be able to keep up. So you have to decide whether you want the 35 torrents running or 10MB on one torrent.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    That's nothing to do with server.lu / uTorrent, that has to do with you running so many torrents. As unknownman says.

Solution if you want to run on a UNIX server and get quality dedicated speeds is to use rtorrent, but you really only want to be seeding four or five torrents at a time. You can configure utorrent (or most clients) to do that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicalMind View Post
    That's nothing to do with server.lu / uTorrent, that has to do with you running so many torrents. As unknownman says.

Solution if you want to run on a UNIX server and get quality dedicated speeds is to use rtorrent, but you really only want to be seeding four or five torrents at a time. You can configure utorrent (or most clients) to do that.
    You would see the same problem on Rtorrent as well correct?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    First open the Speed Selection Guide and set your speed to xx/100mbit and then re-adjust your bandwidth/queuing options from there.

Also try going into the advanced settings and increasing net.max_halfopen to 100. The default setting of 8 is ridiculously low.

And in my experience the development versions of Wine had serious performance issues but the stable version 1.0.1 runs very well.
    Not sure what that file's gonna do? Check it with ANUBIS - Analyzing Unknown Binaries
    Is that site DOWN FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord View Post

Also try going into the advanced settings and increasing net.max_halfopen to 100. The default setting of 8 is ridiculously low.
    on linux, how does the net.max halfopen matter???

or am i missing something here!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Buddha.net's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    What happens when you run 30+ torrents on rtorrent? Do you see the same issues with hard disk? Does your upload suffer if you download?