Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Christianity?

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Strutzy3@4 October 2003 - 07:09

And for the name calling that's going on in this forum - there's no need you're not going to get anywhere by denouncing who you think of as your 'opposition' (what other word could i have used there?) - just settle down - when someone posts something that upsets you - first of all don't freak out and decare it an outrage that you be insulted.  You don't know them - it should have no effect on you what they think about you.  You can respond to that person and simply let them know to tone it down a bit if they insulted you, telling them why, and how it was not needed.  I'm just tired of looking at this forum that should be filled with intelligent convos about religion, God or no God, etc and instead it's been filled with mud slinging - We're all people that can carry on pleasant conversations - why practice it?  There's no reason. 

Your friend,
                          Strutzy3
    Don't be so patronizing Strutzy3 !!!

My theory:

Everything has always been here, there has never been a beginning and there will never be an end. It has the quality of 'asitisness'

Whatever the truth is we will never know. All theories will always remain just that, theories, with no absolute proof! That will remain so untill one can see through the veil of duality. ie. good/bad, right/wrong, truth/lie, God/Satan, etc.

One will also have to try and stop thinking in linear terms if one wants to gain real understanding of this universe.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #122
    BANNED
    So let's start here:
    How do you think the world came to be? A big bang- i'll play along - where did the original cluster of atoms come from? ... 
    Where did god come from?

Time, as we know it is linear, it does not go round in circles, everything has a beginning and an end. Where did your god come from?

You have no answer to this, no-one has. The usual tactic is to turn to science, and start quoting obscure theories about space-time that even the broad scientific community don't support.

Even the Pope has aknowledged the probable truth of the big bang theory, although with a rider that "god" set it off.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #123
    Calvarian2003
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@4 October 2003 - 09:21
    So let's start here:
    How do you think the world came to be? A big bang- i'll play along - where did the original cluster of atoms come from? ...
    Where did god come from?

Time, as we know it is linear, it does not go round in circles, everything has a beginning and an end. Where did your god come from?

You have no answer to this, no-one has. The usual tactic is to turn to science, and start quoting obscure theories about space-time that even the broad scientific community don't support.

Even the Pope has aknowledged the probable truth of the big bang theory, although with a rider that "god" set it off.

Correct, religious people cannot PROVE that the universe was created as put forth in Genesis or how God was created. Generally, the it is prophecy and archaeological findings lend credibility to the Bible, and therefore Christians assume this statement also to be true.

Funny that you should deride relgion's ability to prove that God is true, because science cannot prove that God DOESN'T exist. Science cannot prove how the universe was formed. Science is limited in it's scope to be able to prove anything which occurred so long before our own civilisation and time.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #124
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@4 October 2003 - 10:21

Who are the we you are describing. How do you know it does not go round in circles. Given that it has now been established that cause does not always come before effect, I am surprised you are so confident in your understanding of the mechanics of time.

I don't know either way, I remain undecided, so I suppose I am a time agnostic. I would be interested to hear your proof on the linear nature of time, other than anecdotal evidence. If you could post it in terms that I can understand, don't rely too much on my maths please, that would be great.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #125
    BANNED
    Originally posted by JPaul@4 October 2003 - 20:25

Who are the we you are describing. How do you know it does not go round in circles. Given that it has now been established that cause does not always come before effect, I am surprised you are so confident in your understanding of the mechanics of time.

I don't know either way, I remain undecided, so I suppose I am a time agnostic. I would be interested to hear your proof on the linear nature of time, other than anecdotal evidence. If you could post it in terms that I can understand, don't rely too much on my maths please, that would be great.
    Given that it has now been established that cause does not always come before effect,..

Where has that been "established"?

Calvarian
    Generally, the it is prophecy and archaeological findings lend credibility to the Bible, ..

Utter rubbish!!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #126
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@4 October 2003 - 13:14

Given that it has now been established that cause does not always come before effect,..

Where has that been "established"?

At the quantum level.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #127
    BANNED
    Not according to my sources JP.

Look here ..
    Scientific Proof That God Exists.

Especially the part ..

... Let’s look at the law of cause and effect. As far as science knows, natural laws have no exceptions. This is definitely true of the law of cause and effect, which is the most universal and most certain of all laws. Simply put, the law of cause and effect states that every material effect must have an adequate cause that existed before the effect.

Material effects without adequate causes do not exist. Also, causes never occur after the effect. In addition, the effect never is greater than the cause. ....

8. The Drawing Room   -   #128
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@4 October 2003 - 10:21
    So let's start here:
    Where did god come from?

Many scientists are turning away again from the big bang theory and are looking toward the "plasma theory" for a solution to many of the anomalies.. so we will still need a lot of patience!

9. The Drawing Room   -   #129
    BANNED
    Originally posted by nigel123@4 October 2003 - 23:17
    Many scientists are turning away again from the big bang theory and are looking toward the "plasma theory" for a solution to many of the anomalies.. so we will still need a lot of patience!
    I remember someone talking about "superstring theory", he said only about three people in the world understood it, and that it was postulated 100 years too soon.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #130
    BANNED
    An interesting point about superstrings is their theoretical size.
    If you expanded an atom to the size of our solar system, a superstring would be the size of an atom.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast